Friends, 

While I am not the wisest of people I do believe that we have a wonderful group of people in this community. A group that could be used to create something fantastic. I'm not quite sure what that is yet, but I think we should begin operation Black Static. Our mission, to influence the lives of those around us for good, by any means necessary. 

I am not certain what this may take the form of, but that's where everyone comes in. What can we do or create to help other people? So let us know, do you need help with something? Is it something the community can help you out with? This is where you seek help and offer your help to others when you are able. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, but sometimes the thing that takes the most strength is reaching out to others for help. This could be as simple as help with homework, or to review an essay, proofread a resume. (Those are things I can do.) But with a community this large I'm sure we can find people who can help you with art, to learn to play an instrument, start a business, learn a language, the sky is the limit here. 

So, if you want help, or need someone to talk to, or just want something to do. This is where we start. 

Joseph Bohan

One of the Real Ones. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This idea really appeals to me and I am glad to help in any way I can! I've taught myself several different programming languages and have learned how to compose music. If any of these skills would be useful for the project or anyone would just like some tips, please let me know!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, AustinJS said:

This idea really appeals to me and I am glad to help in any way I can! I've taught myself several different programming languages and have learned how to compose music. If any of these skills would be useful for the project or anyone would just like some tips, please let me know!

Noice!!! What can you program. And your music skillz are pretty good :)

• Like 1

I am able to program in HTML and Javascript (Which are used for web development) as well as Python, C++ and Microsoft C#

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AustinJS said:

I am able to program in HTML and Javascript (Which are used for web development) as well as Python, C++ and Microsoft C#

Your like bi-tri-quad-quinlingual or something. That's impressive. (I appreciate explanations) So what do you currently do with your mad skills besides make rad tunes? 

• Like 1

I do White Hat Hacking/Penetration Testing. I can also build websites, but I've never felt like I had a reason to make a website. The reason I know all those languages is because they all have different purposes. Python is useful for anything that doesn't need to compile and run natively, C++ is for anything that does need to run natively, and HTML and Javascript are for anything with front-end web development.

@AustinJS So You're like a genius code breaker by night. Website builder extraordinaire by day. That also does music and stuff. If you ever elect to, I purchased a domain name a couple years back and only just now pulled it from renewing on my credit card. So if you wanted to mess around with building a website, by all means its yours. I unfortunately am not suited for that skill set. And most of the stuff I had intended to do I think I'm just going to run through this platform. Sneakily. 

Don't let the admins know. They lurk everywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Austin, you have the sweet tunes, I am currently in the planning phase of perhaps putting together a Don't Worry esque stream. However, I cannot make the music and the last thing that we want to do is make a video where the audio gets killed due to copyright stuff. Is there the possibility that we could use your cool sounds. If you need to be compensated we could figure that out as well. Also, any ideas that you might have to contribute are greatly appreciated as we start to put this thing together. 

Please don't let this deter from other possible plans that people are making or projects that need done. Indeed there are many thing in life that still need doing. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 10:51 PM, slightlyaboveaveragejoe said:

Austin, you have the sweet tunes, I am currently in the planning phase of perhaps putting together a Don't Worry esque stream. However, I cannot make the music and the last thing that we want to do is make a video where the audio gets killed due to copyright stuff. Is there the possibility that we could use your cool sounds. If you need to be compensated we could figure that out as well. Also, any ideas that you might have to contribute are greatly appreciated as we start to put this thing together. 

Please don't let this deter from other possible plans that people are making or projects that need done. Indeed there are many thing in life that still need doing. 

Yes, it's fine for you to use my music for the stream. I don't need compensation, just credit me. I'll tell you if I have any other ideas for the project.

• Thanks 2

@AustinJS Yes!! Austin's on board! Perfect. I will make sure that people know its your stuff. By default I planned to link them to the BBS.Studio topic for your music. If you would like them to find you somewhere else, let me know, so I can direct them to your preferred platform. 

Also, perfect let me know on the project. Currently we are in early infancy. I'm hoping that we can start to connect people on a real life level and actually start to change lives outside of the context of a forum. I know that I put it earlier, but even things as simple as helping teach people who are younger. In the future it would be cool to see people come together who have met, perhaps help fix someones house, or visit some folks in a nursing home, or people in jail, or just get together to make a difference in their community. 

Let me know if you had ideas for the stream or things we can do online though, cause I think this is where we get started. :)

Let's try to go for a Take It Easy Tuesday. Dantaliann, are you available for a Tuesday go, or should I try and run a first go by myself, I'm expecting a few hiccups for the first run, but that's how the learning thing works. 

Currently i am not available on Tuesdays since that is when i work. though i can try to help you with input, organisation and all that stuff. 

how about something that you can relate to? that way it should be easier to create something that is meaningful. 

Posted (edited)

Thanks Dantaliann, that project is now listed under Take it Easy Tuesday in the Don't Worry Wednesday Thread. Now what is our next project gentlemen/ladies? Perhaps we need to recruit people with more skills and then begin to look at other types of project? 

Edited by slightlyaboveaveragejoe

Agggghhhh ! Where are all the people. It's so hard to gather consistently engage people. I apologise that I have not been available as well, but we shall bring this project to a head. 

Therefore, Operation Family Reunion is in effect. If you've been here before or are here for the first time report in. We shall begin anew. New projects await and there will need to be many people to advance them.

Love 

Joseph Bohan

• Like 1

Agggghhhh! Where are all the people. It's so hard to gather consistently engaged people. I apologise that it is my fault having not been available as well, but we shall bring this project to a head. 

Therefore, Operation Family Reunion is in effect. If you've been here before or are here for the first time report in. We shall begin anew. New projects await and there will need to be many people to advance them.

Love 

Joseph Bohan

• Like 1

Huzzah! Austin, and Sunnily, kinda...

Ok for our next trick I'm thinking we do something grand, something creative. Perhaps an out reach of some kind...

I'm thinking perhaps a tutoring or mentorship program, where we assist people on the website with homework, or resumes, or projects, or career building? Just trying to kick around ideas. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@AustinJS@Ray has brought forth a dilemma regarding the implementation of a forum into a web page. They want to create a medium to increase discussion regarding depression. Currently, he has a friend/colleague who wants to know if he would be able to either add a forum to an existing webpage or if it makes more sense to have an external page and link them together. 

Any chance you have some guidance for them. Thanks Austin. 

@Ray if I misstated something please correct it for me.  

Edited by slightlyaboveaveragejoe