Posted (edited)

Originally, this topic was about another art but I realized that I don't really care about that art anymore and want to continue doing the art that I can do better than any other type of art (story writing, character designing, and most of all, music... this will be focusing on music).

My instrumentals and music is fine. I'm happy with it and think that it's "good enough." Of course, I don't think it's the best thing ever, but I know that I'm growing and learning more every time, which I'm satisfied with. However, one thing I can't nail down is my singing. My voice can be somewhat smooth, kinda rough and rigid when I want it to be (I can't do screaming [sadly]). People say it's deep, but I don't know what they mean when they say "deep." Does it mean... like... Christmas-song deep or just like "normally" deep? Anyways, I know how to mix vocals and make it "blend in" to the music... but my vocals just don't quite fit my instrumentals. Or at least, that's what I think. I'm not sure, maybe it's just me being overly harsh when it comes to criticizing my own vocals. For me, however, it just feels weird and not right like my vocals just don't really fit the genre or my instrumentals. I don't know what genre is good for my kind of voice, I don't know if my voice is good, I don't know if it fits with my instrumentals, I don't know how deep it is... I just don't know. I had one friend tell me my singing was okay, but that could've just been him trying not to destroy my fragile little heart. Anyways, I'm fine with my instrumentals and how I'm improving with them, but I just don't understand when my singing is "good" and when it's "bad" and always feel that it's "bad" or "not good enough."

Edited by Cherri
  • Like 1

This is something I'm struggling with too. Sadly, practice is just the best way to improve. I know it's frustrating that improving seems to go more slowly to us, but if you are practicing drawing more bodies and stuff you're not great at, you'll get there eventually :)