Hey guys here's a place where you can talk about what's going on in life, you can share what's on your mind, and just meet new people. 

I'll start. I'm Joe, I'm an accountant out of Michigan, and it's currently tax season so this is as much info as I can include while I'm on break. :) See you guys around. 

My name is Mattias, but you probably can't pronounce it correctly, since I'm from Estonia (which is why I feel more comfortable calling myself Matt). I do mainly pixel art although I really want to branch out into more traditional digital art. Currently caught up with schoolwork

• Like 1

Eastern Regionals is basically a competition thing in the Eastern states where if you get in you have to practice for two days (with five pieces of music) and then have a concert. It is fun, it just gets painful after a while. Technically, I did win since I got in.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hahah I meant busy with schoolwork 😛 The simple answer for why I started doing pixel art is because I sucked at sketching and drawing stuff from scratch. Pixel art is easier, cause with a small canvas detail isn't necessary. If you also want a more interesting reason, I grew up playing flash games and I guess fell in love with the art style

Edited by Cwilk [EnderBoy 7]
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ohh, a topic where we can share simple things from our lives and meet new people? I like! ♥

I've been wanting to post some things for a while but didn't know where, so maybe this is finally the place!

Edited by Listori
  • Like 1

@Chickenhayl That would explain the dead voice, but congrats on your win! What did you elect to sing? Anything important to you? 

@Cwilk [EnderBoy 7] Ahh, yes, that would make more sense. And that's awesome, you don't need an interesting reason to do things, just a reason that drives you :) I do agree though, that eight bit style is very nostalgic. Games I definitely got to grow up on, and that haven't left us yet :) 

@Listori Yep, you've got it, share away, keeper of stories, librarian in training! 

• Like 1

I sang soprano in the treble choir. We learned five pieces in two days (wow that was fun). I didn't know any of the pieces but they turned out to be really pretty.

• Like 1

@Chickenhayl Luckily not where I live, but it's been SO incredibly stormy - especially yesterday - that we lost one of our chair cushions on our balcony to the storm. It's just... gone. We have no idea where it is now as we couldn't find it again but we hope that it found a new family who appreciates it just as much as we did. 💔

• Like 2

@Chickenhayl That must have been quite the experience at least. And thankfully we didn't get much rain but the snow melt refroze this morning :/

@Listori I like the attitude you take on your chair cover though, that's awesome! I'm just imagining the fun stories you could make up about a chair cover that flew around the country, tossed by storms and such. :)

@Chickenhayl That must have been quite the experience at least. And thankfully we didn't get much rain but the snow melt refroze this morning :/

@Listori I like the attitude you take on your chair cover though, that's awesome! I'm just imagining the fun stories you could make up about a chair cover that flew around the country, tossed by storms and such. :)

• Like 1

@slightlyaboveaveragejoe Oh, of course! I have this kind of attitude towards everything, actually. I grew up with "talking" to things and giving them kind of a personality and such. And I've kept the idea of it and still think about the world around me like that (not in a crazy way, more in a "I respect objects and try be resourceful and careful with everything I have" way).

I've thought about what this little cushion might experience on its windy journey, too! A brave and fleece-y adventurer that took its chance to go and see the world... how exciting!

• Like 1

@Listorii think it's awesome to think about things that way and I hope that you keep that mentality for a long time. :) Maybe you could even write your own stories :)

@Chickenhayl not really where I thought his would go, but I've never been good at looking into the future. I'm going to start with a joke at your expense, but have you tried cooking? Cause you're a pan. I don't know your parents so the specifics aren't there to me, but make sure you know what you are telling them. And that you know what you are telling yourself. Because with this statement right here you are identifying yourself with a single attribute, which I highly advise against. If you wanted more specific I recommend a private message, not because I don't want you to share here. I think you should, but the nuances of these talks can be difficult to convey in a forum. 

• Like 2

@slightlyaboveaveragejoe I am sure I'll keep it for a while, I think it's fun to see the world around you like this. ☀️

Yes, there are always new and interesting stories that come to my mind, or questions noone else would ask. Usually it's seen as very childish though, so I don't share these thoughts very often.

• Like 1

Interesting... There are some things that are childish that should be looked at as immature, but having a sense of wonder is not one of those things. :) Have you seen Violet Evergarden? It's Chicken and my profile pic, but it's a great anime about the stories that we share, and how we express our emotions through writing. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's childish in a bad way either, but most people don't see the difference. : /

Yes, I have! It's a beautiful anime. I liked the stories very much, and it had great music and a very pretty artstyle, too.

Edited by Listori

This morning started pretty miserably, with me just missing the bus, almost losing my headphones, and the train leaving right in front of me. But while I was on the next train, I could see a rainbow for a few seconds which made my way to work and this morning a bit more bearable. 🌈

• Like 1