Sign in to follow this  
ScienceRocks

Science - A Paranoid Friend

This is a question that's more for a friend of mine, than myself.  So, basically, i made a new friend online not too long ago, and they were really nice, but also very emotional, and easily upset (in a depressive way.) They have trouble confiding in friends, and don't talk about their problems very often, if at all.  They were very nice and eager to talk to me for a while, but recently they almost completely stopped talking to me, save for the occasional comment.

They do seem to be aware of their paranoia and mood swings, but when I asked if they have seen a psychologist, they refused to talk about it.  Personally, I think it's more than just some simple paranoia.  Rather, I believe they have Paranoid Personality Disorder, though I don't know if they know.  They seem to have depression of some kind as well, and they tend to blame themselves for every little negative thing that they're involved in.

I want to talk to them again, and I want to help them, too.  I care about them, but I don't know what to do about a situation like this unless they tell me what they're thinking...  I've tried messaging them several times, but they've always left me on read, with no response.  I'm at a loss for what to do- Ironic, considering the fact i'm studying psychology, lol...  any advice..?