Sign in to follow this  
Princess_Yellow

Amira - Love backstory, Do I let her go?

We met about five months ago at work. Before we had even started talking had a mini crush on her because I thought she was a cute guy. Keep in mind we had never talked at this point so we didn't know each other at all. I just thought she was cute and I wanted to talk to her, but I was too shy and insecure. So I never got the courage. One day all of the employees stayed after hours to fool around because I guess we felt like it. When it was almost time for all of us to home I was venting to my supervisor about having to take two buses to get home late at night on a Sunday. So this girl offered to take me home. I was hesitant to take the offer for two reason. One I didn't know her at all and two I still thought she was a guy and I got flustered at the idea. I ended up taking it because it would've taken forever to get home. So while we were walking to her car she told me she was trans.

At that moment I lost all interest in her, but she was still a joy to talk to. The next day she asked me to go to an event with her. This was kind of a shock because I expected her to never talk to me again after that. I don't know why I did this, but I jokingly asked if she was asking me out. Now that I think about it she looked kinda flustered when I said that. But I did say yes and from that point on we've been friends ever since. When we started to get close I was venting about guys not liking me or something and she told me that she liked me. Me being straight I didn't feel the same way about her and I thought I never would. About two months later I started to develop feelings for her that would only grow with time. Eventually I burst and confessed to her, but we ultimately decided not to date. For a while even though we had feelings for each other are friendship continued as normal. We hung out when we had the chance, cuddled, and held hands. That is until recently. Lately things between us have been weird and she seemed kinda distant. I'm not sure why and I'm too afraid to ask. I still love her, but I don't know if she still feels the same anymore. We still talk and hang out, but now it feels really awkward and I'm not sure what to do about it. She used to tell me she loves me all the time, but now I never hear those words 

I love her so much and I don't think I've ever felt so strongly about anyone before. I guess bonds build quick when you fall asleep on someone's lap after knowing them for about a week and they're okay with it

Do I talk to her, continue to act like nothing's wrong, or let her go? Someone tell me what to do...

I feel like this song song I feel like I can describe my feelings better with songs. (Don't speak by No Doubt)

Amira I don't know if this will help, but I can understand your hesitation. I had this friend that I had a crush on and I was scared to tell him my feelings, even though everyone around thought we should date. I went to a snowball dance with him and that night we left early because neither of us wanted to dance and I was getting tired. Anyways, that night while we waited for the car to warm up I started to ramble on and on and well he leaned in and kissed me. And after that we started to date, but as we dated I realized we didn't hang out as much and so a bit after prom I broke up with him because I thought we wouldn't last long after he graduated. To be honest I could have gone and talked to him and ask him why we aren't talking like we used to , or why we don't hang out like we used to. But I didn't and I just broke up with him and after that we didn't talk or hang out anymore, it was so awkward and the sad thing is, is when we see each other all we do is make very small chat. Amira if you don't want to lose your friendship with her, talk to her, ask her if there is something bothering her. You will never know what to do unless you ask. I don't know if this helps and you don't have to listen to what I say but, I hope this helps some what.