slightlyaboveaveragejoe

Forgive and Forgive again

Finally! A topic that we all might enjoy :)

I am going to try and not ruin a topic that should inspire you to the greatest love imaginable and a life far more abundant. 

I'm speaking about forgiveness. Often times we find ourselves with a black rain cloud over our heads. We find ourselves holding onto a hurt that has been done to us. And we need to forgive people. Truly, the happiness that you desire requires that you forgive, both often and generously. 

There's that old quote, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

But the wise @Ryan Seewald 【Static-P】 has a better approach: "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on... You, fool me thrice shame on... You"

Forgiveness is nothing to be ashamed of or scoffed at. It is difficult. It passes the consequences of the actions of someone else off to the victim alone. Even if we feel the actions of someone cause them to deserve the consequences. But that is the essence of love, of something far greater. 

But now I speak to those of you who I've met here, for those of the BSS community specifically. You have one more person to forgive, and that would be yourself. 

You probably think "Joe what do you  mean?" Of course, we often hide our self condemnation as deserved, but that doesn't change the point that we need forgiveness. 

You might say "Joe I've tried to kick this habit or stop this action. It's shameful and I have an addiction. I'm too weak. I don't deserve to forgive myself for this thing." 

As if! your failures were what defined you. As if! Shame and disgrace ever got you on the right path. As if! You should get what you deserve. 

For there is love far greater than that. A love that moves people, a love that changes people, a Love that Forgives. And it forgives you. 

And then you might ask me how many times can you forgive yourself? How many times can I be forgiven of the same thing? 7 times? 

Try again... How about 70 times 7 times. And if your one of those people who's just nitpicky. Try 700 times that. 

I've had my own struggles. Spending nights entrapped by my own failures and short comings. And I tried to stop by shame so many times, but by forgiveness I was actually able to. 

For love keeps no records of wrongdoing. And therefore you should keep no record of wrongdoing toward yourself. Don't let the past hand over your head but forgive yourself in the way you forgive others.

Love one another as yourself. Do you love others? Then love yourself in the same way. Do you love yourself? Then love others in the same way. Not in a fake or egotistical way, but in seeking the best for yourself and others. 

I love you, and I forgive you for anything you may have done against me. :)

Now go do that amazing thing you've always wanted to, with nothing holding you back!

Love,

Joseph Bohan

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2018 at 1:25 PM, slightlyaboveaveragejoe said:

Finally! A topic that we all might enjoy :)

I am going to try and not ruin a topic that should inspire you to the greatest love imaginable and a life far more abundant. 

I'm speaking about forgiveness. Often times we find ourselves with a black rain cloud over our heads. We find ourselves holding onto a hurt that has been done to us. And we need to forgive people. Truly, the happiness that you desire requires that you forgive, both often and generously. 

There's that old quote, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

But the wise @Ryan Seewald 【Static-P】 has a better approach: "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on... You, fool me thrice shame on... You"

Forgiveness is nothing to be ashamed of or scoffed at. It is difficult. It passes the consequences of the actions of someone else off to the victim alone. Even if we feel the actions of someone cause them to deserve the consequences. But that is the essence of love, of something far greater. 

But now I speak to those of you who I've met here, for those of the BSS community specifically. You have one more person to forgive, and that would be yourself. 

You probably think "Joe what do you  mean?" Of course, we often hide our self condemnation as deserved, but that doesn't change the point that we need forgiveness. 

You might say "Joe I've tried to kick this habit or stop this action. It's shameful and I have an addiction. I'm too weak. I don't deserve to forgive myself for this thing." 

As if! your failures were what defined you. As if! Shame and disgrace ever got you on the right path. As if! You should get what you deserve. 

For there is love far greater than that. A love that moves people, a love that changes people, a Love that Forgives. And it forgives you. 

And then you might ask me how many times can you forgive yourself? How many times can I be forgiven of the same thing? 7 times? 

Try again... How about 70 times 7 times. And if your one of those people who's just nitpicky. Try 700 times that. 

I've had my own struggles. Spending nights entrapped by my own failures and short comings. And I tried to stop by shame so many times, but by forgiveness I was actually able to. 

For love keeps no records of wrongdoing. And therefore you should keep no record of wrongdoing toward yourself. Don't let the past hand over your head but forgive yourself in the way you forgive others.

Love one another as yourself. Do you love others? Then love yourself in the same way. Do you love yourself? Then love others in the same way. Not in a fake or egotistical way, but in seeking the best for yourself and others. 

I love you, and I forgive you for anything you may have done against me. :)

Now go do that amazing thing you've always wanted to, with nothing holding you back!

Love,

Joseph Bohan

Yeah...if you're current on MAL you know I need this.

• Like 1