• Trying to learn Japanese? How about over 1000 words in 1 month? BSS.STUDIO/kanji

Sign in to follow this  
Joe

Hope, Despair, and Wasting Time

So, I gotta say...  I absolutely LOVE being a moderator here!! ::D:  I always wanted to be called a moderator, and these guys are like the only people that would let me be one, so YAY!!  Check one off the ole' bucket list!!  What I didn't know is that I would get to be a moderator on the site of the GREATEST COMMUNITY IN THE TRI-GALAXY AREA!  You guys are so awesome...  /no1

Since moderating pays a little less than $0.00, I also have a day job where I run into some pretty interesting folks.  (they could certainly use a community like ours!)

Which brings me to our topic for this Topic:  Hope, Despair and Wasting Time.

You see, when I meet the people where I work, they are usually in the middle of an EXTREMELY stressful situation.  Unfortunately, my appearance on the scene generally increases the stress level -- not because I am trying to -- its just that the nature of my position reminds people of the situation they're in.  I've seen many different reactions from them:

Confusion

Fake confusion

Anger

Aggression

Frustration

Denial

Apathy

Resignation

etc.

Once in a while, I meet people who have just a calm, kind and hopeful demeanor.  These are usually the folks that have worked out the problems, they can see the end of the story, and are just waiting for it to unfold.  Viktor Frankl said, "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."

I like to look at it this way:

Stuff happens  

--> Emotional Reaction  

--> Work through it  

--> More Emotional Reactions  

--> Work through it some more  

--> Figure it out

--> Problem Solved!

The question is this:  How long do we spend in the Emotional Reaction?  After fighting through many complex personal issues, I'm convinced that this is the biggest barrier to solving a problem...  Our own level of emotional control.

We all have emotions.  If you're an artist of any kind, many times your emotions are the stimuli to great works!!  I know that some of the best songs I've written were in times of deep emotional swings where I just picked up my guitar and poured everything I had into it.  

The Moral:  Learn to calm your emotions... Or better yet, learn to use them as tools for creation!  Soon you'll be back on an even keel, and you can think through an issue with clarity and logic.

~Love /wow

• Like 7

I would say something, have have something in mind, but I prefer to be speechless while staring in awe of your words./wow

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Joe said:

So, I gotta say...  I absolutely LOVE being a moderator here!! ::D:  I always wanted to be called a moderator, and these guys are like the only people that would let me be one, so YAY!!  Check one off the ole' bucket list!!  What I didn't know is that I would get to be a moderator on the site of the GREATEST COMMUNITY IN THE TRI-GALAXY AREA!  You guys are so awesome...  /no1

Since moderating pays a little less than $0.00, I also have a day job where I run into some pretty interesting folks.  (they could certainly use a community like ours!)

Which brings me to our topic for this Topic:  Hope, Despair and Wasting Time.

You see, when I meet the people where I work, they are usually in the middle of an EXTREMELY stressful situation.  Unfortunately, my appearance on the scene generally increases the stress level -- not because I am trying to -- its just that the nature of my position reminds people of the situation they're in.  I've seen many different reactions from them:

Confusion

Fake confusion

Anger

Aggression

Frustration

Denial

Apathy

Resignation

etc.

Once in a while, I meet people who have just a calm, kind and hopeful demeanor.  These are usually the folks that have worked out the problems, they can see the end of the story, and are just waiting for it to unfold.  Viktor Frankl said, "Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."

I like to look at it this way:

Stuff happens  

--> Emotional Reaction  

--> Work through it  

--> More Emotional Reactions  

--> Work through it some more  

--> Figure it out

--> Problem Solved!

The question is this:  How long do we spend in the Emotional Reaction?  After fighting through many complex personal issues, I'm convinced that this is the biggest barrier to solving a problem...  Our own level of emotional control.

We all have emotions.  If you're an artist of any kind, many times your emotions are the stimuli to great works!!  I know that some of the best songs I've written were in times of deep emotional swings where I just picked up my guitar and poured everything I had into it.  

The Moral:  Learn to calm your emotions... Or better yet, learn to use them as tools for creation!  Soon you'll be back on an even keel, and you can think through an issue with clarity and logic.

~Love /wow

I don't usually meet those kind of people, but when I do I usually try to cheer them up in a way.

For example, my friend who I'm going to be calling bunny for this story. 

She/Bunny was going through some rough times at the moment so I brought her into the bathroom with me to let her cry it all out >.>

Cough Does that sound weird in a way? 

I just can't help, but help people that are in need of help. I don't know how to describe it, but yea.

Just recently Tulip was having a argument with her best friend for over 2 months. She was getting taken advantage of by her and when I noticed that I took action.

I was about to be selfish and say, "I don't understand why people can't stand up for themselves," but it's harder then it looks

to other people.

Not to brag, but I was known to be the leader in my group COUGH 

I don't only help my friends, but I try my best to socialize with the people who aren't that popular? I don't know how to phrase it while getting my point out >.>  I hope I'm not being rude >.> 

Anyways, I think I might've sounded cliché or make you seem like most of the stuff I said aren't true, but it is. I don't know if I should send this, but I'm taking a risk to let you know that there are other people in the world who are willing to help each other.

Byee~!! <33

• Like 4

I really agree with what you said, I know whenever I get really emotional that it is hard for me to really process what has happened and move on. I need to calm down and look at whatever has happened in a more logical way.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Talen said:

I really agree with what you said, I know whenever I get really emotional that it is hard for me to really process what has happened and move on. I need to calm down and look at whatever has happened in a more logical way.

I agree with what you said about Joe's post <33

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DrMango said:

I would say something, have have something in mind, but I prefer to be speechless while staring in awe of your words./wow

Thank you for your kind words @DrMango!!  I generally just copy stuff I learned from people that are smarter than me... Wisdom abounds in the world around us if we keep our eyes and ears open!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Hoiitsme said:

I don't usually meet those kind of people, but when I do I usually try to cheer them up in a way.

For example, my friend who I'm going to be calling bunny for this story. 

She/Bunny was going through some rough times at the moment so I brought her into the bathroom with me to let her cry it all out >.>

Cough Does that sound weird in a way? 

I just can't help, but help people that are in need of help. I don't know how to describe it, but yea.

Just recently Tulip was having a argument with her best friend for over 2 months. She was getting taken advantage of by her and when I noticed that I took action.

I was about to be selfish and say, "I don't understand why people can't stand up for themselves," but it's harder then it looks

to other people.

Not to brag, but I was known to be the leader in my group COUGH 

I don't only help my friends, but I try my best to socialize with the people who aren't that popular? I don't know how to phrase it while getting my point out >.>  I hope I'm not being rude >.> 

Anyways, I think I might've sounded cliché or make you seem like most of the stuff I said aren't true, but it is. I don't know if I should send this, but I'm taking a risk to let you know that there are other people in the world who are willing to help each other.

Byee~!! <33

@Hoiitsme!!  Thank you for being here with us!  I'm so glad that you help those around you. The world needs people like you that are willing to take action -- especially when people need you!  You're awesome!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Talen said:

It's true @Talen, our emotions have a way of blinding us to a certain degree.  If you have some kind of productive way to channel that emotional energy, you will bring some wonderful things to the world!!  Never forget the fact that you are an amazing creation, and many here love you! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Joe said:

@Hoiitsme!!  Thank you for being here with us!  I'm so glad that you help those around you. The world needs people like you that are willing to take action -- especially when people need you!  You're awesome!

Thanks!

You're speeches really motivate me and I hope you write more soon <33

Omg, I think I might be crying rn T^T

Only a little bit though );

• Like 2

On 8/16/2017 at 11:42 AM, Hoiitsme said:

You're speeches really motivate me and I hope you write more soon <33

Ne!? Ne!? (right!? right!?)
I agree completely.

Joe has changed my life for the better, and continues to do so by his example, in many was since I've known him. And similarly, I him, I am sure.

It's super great to see that you're putting yourself into the world in a helpful and meaningful manner, @Hoiitsme. Keep that up! (*ゝᴗ・)b
It's more important, powerful, and influential than you'll ever see or know. =)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ryan Seewald 【Static-P】 said:

Ne!? Ne!? (right!? right!?)
I agree completely.

Joe has changed my life for the better, and continues to do so by his example, in many was since I've known him. And similarly, I him, I am sure.

It's super great to see that you're putting yourself into the world in a helpful and meaningful manner, @Hoiitsme. Keep that up! (*ゝᴗ・)b
It's more important, powerful, and influential than you'll ever see or know. =)

*Nod-Nod* I agree too <33

Thanks so much, Static-P <33 

I hope he would continue to help you and possibly some other people while at it too <33

I mean, you of all people should know that I'm the bubbly, helpful type /wink

Btw, I don't think you saw the birthday message I sent you >.> Anyways, I'm still trying to draw you that deformed cake (; So be on the lookout <33 

Edited by Hoiitsme
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryan Seewald 【Static-P】 said:

I think you are right. Would you mind sending me a link to the page, please? /ok

I'm pretty sure I send you it on Hallo Peeps <33 (;

• Like 1

@Joe this Daily Dose has had me thinking for the past few weeks, and I think I've gathered some reflections to share back.

Joe the Moderator, congrats, I am happy that you find joy and satisfaction in this task.This is an outlet for some of your many skills.  

My work, for now, fortunately doesn't intersect your challenges of the range of emotions, except for perhaps frustration, when the webusers
expectations aren't met. I get to digitally journalize (mostly audio) along with stories and videos about topics which I am employed to cover.

I would say your evaluation of "Stuff Happens" thru "Problem Solved" is pretty spot on. The Emotional Reactions can vary based on 
personality style, from introverts to extroverts, task driven to people driven individuals. AND the Emotional Reactions can also vary 
by the person's EQ (emotional quotient) or EI (emotional intelligence).  

So many things to think about for one's self, and also to empathize when considering others. :-) ::D: 

• Like 2

On 9/7/2017 at 6:35 AM, Leahcim Oyatse said:

Hope, despair, and The Destroyer of The World.

True!  Wasting time IS the Destroyer of The World!  Unless we collide with another planet or a star.../no1

Spoiler
Spoiler

...yeah...

or a meteor