• Trying to learn Japanese? How about over 1000 words in 1 month? BSS.STUDIO/kanji

Sooo no topic in here yet, huh? Maybe we can change that!

The title kinda says it all--what are you currently reading? This could include anything from manga to comics to novels to--whelp, anything that you probably think would count here, does count here. If people decide to later make new threads that are more specific toward individual kinds of writing, then that's cool--for the sake of testing the waters, though, this accepts all kinds o' stuff. /wow

Perhaps you are thinking: But noob poster who calls herself a mallet with an "o" at the end! I just wanna gab about this book I enjoyed a long time ago--am I discouraged to do so?

Why, if you wanna talk about a work you've particularly enjoyed in the past, go right on ahead and do that there thing if you want! This shall be a preeetty general topic, for starters. Maybe it will become something, maybe it will fade into the waters of time without so much as making a ripple. *thumbs up*

So I better start, huh? I'm currently reading Singing Exercises for Dummies The Dragons of Heaven by Alyc Helms, an urban fantasy full of folklore creatures, magic, and wisecracks (often delivered by the pulp hero of the book). I'm enjoying it so far. Also trying to catch up on the Attack on Titan manga--I've been neglecting that lately.

13 hours ago, MissMalleto said:

Sooo no topic in here yet, huh? Maybe we can change that!

The title kinda says it all--what are you currently reading? This could include anything from manga to comics to novels to--whelp, anything that you probably think would count here, does count here. If people decide to later make new threads that are more specific toward individual kinds of writing, then that's cool--for the sake of testing the waters, though, this accepts all kinds o' stuff. /wow

Perhaps you are thinking: But noob poster who calls herself a mallet with an "o" at the end! I just wanna gab about this book I enjoyed a long time ago--am I discouraged to do so?

Why, if you wanna talk about a work you've particularly enjoyed in the past, go right on ahead and do that there thing if you want! This shall be a preeetty general topic, for starters. Maybe it will become something, maybe it will fade into the waters of time without so much as making a ripple. *thumbs up*

So I better start, huh? I'm currently reading Singing Exercises for Dummies The Dragons of Heaven by Alyc Helms, an urban fantasy full of folklore creatures, magic, and wisecracks (often delivered by the pulp hero of the book). I'm enjoying it so far. Also trying to catch up on the Attack on Titan manga--I've been neglecting that lately.

So there's this manga that I read when I was 8 or 9, and I so happened to cross over it again >.> It's called Shugo Chara and it's inspirational like Static-P himself <33

I mean, the definition of inspiration is Static-P himself~

*Cough* If only it really was the definition of inspiration -Sigh- it would be my first favorite word

I somehow turned this from a "Recent Books Read" to a "Fantasizing About Static-P" forum in one comment >~<

7 minutes ago, Hoiitsme said:

So there's this manga that I read when I was 8 or 9, and I so happened to cross over it again >.> It's called Shugo Chara and it's inspirational like Static-P himself <33

Gasp

Coincidences intensify

My friend here was actually obsessed with Shugo Chara back in middle school--I bought her keychains of the guardian characters/shugo charas, but shame to say I never read the series myself. Once I get back to the college's free wifi I might just have to binge read it online or something, though. I keep hearing good things, and if you say it's inspirational, then all the more reason to try it.

12 minutes ago, Hoiitsme said:

I somehow turned this from a "Recent Books Read" to a "Fantasizing About Static-P" forum in one comment >~<

It's fiiiiine. I did say it was a pretty general thread, after all. So long as it's here, might as well encompass anything and everything! XD

• Like 1

I feel like everything I say turns into a never ending conversation so I liked your comment instead xD

Wahh, I give up I just have to reply /fsh

I feel like I wasn't a loyal fan to Shugo Chara since I didn't buy any merch from them and didn't send any fan mail to them T^T

Anyways, I want a friend that would buy merch for me too );

-pout-

Btw, don't forget to pass the Nodding Saga on *^* /fsh

49 minutes ago, Hoiitsme said:

I feel like everything I say turns into a never ending conversation so I liked your comment instead xD

Wahh, I give up I just have to reply /fsh

I feel like I wasn't a loyal fan to Shugo Chara since I didn't buy any merch from them and didn't send any fan mail to them T^T

Anyways, I want a friend that would buy merch for me too );

-pout-

Btw, don't forget to pass the Nodding Saga on *^* /fsh

*Nod-nod* I will try to incorporate the nods where possible

And so long as you felt inspired and/or loved the series, I'd call ya a loyal fan. Merch is nice and all if you can get it, and sending fan mail does show appreciation,  but if you admire the bareboned story above all that, then I like to think you're still a true fan at heart. /wink

And shoot I think I need to go add a nod somewhere 

30 minutes ago, MissMalleto said:

*Nod-nod* I will try to incorporate the nods where possible

And so long as you felt inspired and/or loved the series, I'd call ya a loyal fan. Merch is nice and all if you can get it, and sending fan mail does show appreciation,  but if you admire the bareboned story above all that, then I like to think you're still a true fan at heart. /wink

And shoot I think I need to go add a nod somewhere 

*Nod-Nod* I agree (;

Also,

Awww, that's sooo sweet (;

I'm not giving up on nodding /fsh

Sorry this message was really short )); I'm still as hyper when I'm tired, but I lose a bit of inspiration -Cough- and Knowledge too -Cough-

~Sneeze~

Byee~!!

SHUGO CHARA!

Gahhh, I miss it.

I never read the manga (unless you count scanning through the FRENCH version reading)

But I watched the anime...then read spoilers online.

Right now, I'm currently reading When. 

It's not 10 out of 10. more like 6.5-7

Murder Mystery-ish

I recently finished (like 2 months ago) Your Name (Manga) and it was amazing!

• Like 1

Well on a different note

going back to books! (at least online written stories)

I use this website called Quotev (has books, fanfics, quizzes, and tests) to find my books

I just finished reading Noticed by D I S E N C H A N T E D (okay who makes their name like that???)

I'm currently reading Differences by avid novelist (in weird font that I can't copy)

And I'm going to read Catch Me by once upon a time (in the weird font again)

So those are the books

4 hours ago, Car1992 said:

Well on a different note

going back to books! (at least online written stories)

I use this website called Quotev (has books, fanfics, quizzes, and tests) to find my books

I just finished reading Noticed by D I S E N C H A N T E D (okay who makes their name like that???)

I'm currently reading Differences by avid novelist (in weird font that I can't copy)

And I'm going to read Catch Me by once upon a time (in the weird font again)

So those are the books

Awman. I love Quotev--doing quizzes on there is a great way to eat up time. (And I might have enjoyed reading obscure anime-related fanfics back in the day.) Ya see, the thing with the weird fonts though is that it garners attention. Or my attention at least, what with being different and pretty and all. And I guess adding a space between each letter makes the name as a whole look bigger, and, since more time is spent for your eyes to read and process  the whole name, it lingers more in your memory? Maybe.

I'll have to keep those books in mind, next time I find myself on there. 

And an update on what I'm currently reading: The Bloomsbury Introduction to Creative Writing. I mean, there's writing prompts and short story things in it, and it's technically a book, right? Ehehehe 

(RIP)

My friend and I once spent the whole day emailing each other our quoutev results and sending more links to quizzes.

4 hours ago, DrMango said:

My friend and I once spent the whole day emailing each other our quoutev results and sending more links to quizzes.

I sometimes just listen to music and play random quizzes

• Like 1

O.K bear with me...I'm a big reader and I have this weird habit of reading more than one series at a time. 

Yawamushi Pedal, Haikyu, Tiger and Bunny, and The Legend of Arslan,  but I just finished School judgement, A strange educational manga called "Cells at work", and "death march into a parrallel world" the first book of "Rhapsody" I think is the name of the series?

I tend to read more novels than comics normally, but lately I've been trying to improve my art so...

Novels, I'm in the middle of keeper of the lost cities.