VeryDrawnOut

Don't know how to deal with myself.

Most of the time, I feel ok. I usually spend my time playing games, drawing, watching videos online, things like that. I typically keep to myself if possible, not really socializing with others. When I do try to socialize, most of the time I get nervous and feel like I messed up my chances of making a connection, and whenever that happens, I get into this terrible state of mind where I feel like I don't want to do anything and that I shouldn't try to make connections with others because it will always turn out bad. That feeling usually last for a while, and then the cycle repeats. Are there ways to break that cycle?

• Like 1

@VeryDrawnOut

Well you have taken a first step and made an attempt to socialize with us, and for that you should be commended. You are trying things that are difficult and learning and growing through them. 

So in regards to the difficulty of facing others and socializing. It is just like anything else you have to learn to do. You have to try, and fail and try until you succeed. 

But the best part about learning to talk to others and enjoy time with others is that it doesn't take that many tries. Just be honest about who you are and what you enjoy and go out and meet people who have similar interests. Then once you are comfortable with them go out and meet people with different interested. And then finally people with opposite interests. 

People are wonderful and amazing, much like yourself. So please. Join in on this webpage. Draw stuff, create stuff, play games with us. Whatever it is, we're just as excited about getting to know you. So please hop right in. And I'll forgive you when you mess up, if you promise to forgive me when I do. 

See you around,

Love,

Joseph Bohan 

One of the Real Ones.