Sign in to follow this  
Jahotsafits

Favorites?

I am a D&D 3.5 and 5 e person, I enjoy Flux and Cards Against humanity, Snake oil, Settlers of Catan, Killer Bunnys, Heroscape, the older Mage Knight, solitaire, Dalmuti, and Munchkin just to name a few

Edited by Jahotsafits

9 hours ago, Jahotsafits said:

What is your favorite board, card, and/or table top game?

I would say monopoly, spoons (card game), and munchkin 

• Like 1

Hi all! One of my roommates and his girlfriend are huge board game geeks, which got me back into the glory of old school non-electronic gaming :P But here's my list:

Terraforming Mars, which is like Settlers of Catan on steroids

Munchkin for your good ol' screwing over friends

Castles of Burgundy is pretty fun, maybe third place?

• Like 1

I'm a fan of some interesting games but I gotta say my absolute favorite is Above and Below. But I also love Forbidden Island and Fluxx to name a few.

a lot of my friends don't like fluxx for some reason though i enjoy it just fine. it probably is the fact that the rules change a lot.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:02 AM, Jahotsafits said:

a lot of my friends don't like fluxx for some reason though i enjoy it just fine. it probably is the fact that the rules change a lot.

The changing rules is what makes it so much fun though, and it makes all the rules simple to understand because you hear what the rule is every time it gets changed. 

On 2/13/2018 at 5:39 PM, Detective Zero said:

The changing rules is what makes it so much fun though, and it makes all the rules simple to understand because you hear what the rule is every time it gets changed. 

yep, I just don't know why they don't like it you even get to continue to see the rules as they change. 

One game. It's not my favorite, I just want to know who knows it. Eldritch Horror.

However, my current favorite is Gloomhaven. Play it once every two weeks. I play a Cragheart and I picked it because the symbol looks like the windows logo. (Who knew I would end up the healer? Meh. I get to scold the scoundrel for getting too far ahead and dying.)

On 3/28/2018 at 12:30 PM, ManaBlood (frog fox) said:

However, my current favorite is Gloomhaven. 

:o Thats the hot new game out! My friends and I are curious about it but right now it costs a pretty penny. Its like a true RPG

20 hours ago, Ray said:

My friends and I are curious about it but right now it costs a pretty penny.

Yeah. It sure did. A family friend bought it. He even spent extra on a box insert. The insert he got is produced by Broken Token.
I've noticed that you really can get into character. It's really odd how the characters sort of develop despite there being no actual role play element. It just comes in the decisions. Your character has a goal that once they achieve it, they leave the campaign and you make a new one. Making decisions based on that goal and letting it shape you character is one of the most interesting parts in my opinion.

I have a few. 

Catan was great when i was in Canada and fir got to play it. D&D 5e is what i do every Saturday if i am not working. another recent favorite is Microscope. i also enjoy cards against humanity on occasion. 

I am a huuuge board game nerd. Love them and have a pretty nice collection building that is admittedly mostly still party style games but I'm working on it. Party games are easier to buy for me just because they're usually cheaper and also are easy to get to the table with anyone including non-board game people. 

Catan is still probably my favorite. I've played it the most and it's easy to get to the table because of how well known it is. Codenames is probably my favorite party game at the moment. Favorite Co-op game is either Forbidden Island (haven't gotten a chance to play pandemic yet *sad*) although Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective is up there too, just way harder to get to the table. A game I just discovered recently that I am enthralled with is Escape From the Aliens in Outer Space. Super fun and tense and the multiple maps makes it super easy to have a different and unique experience over the course of multiple playthroughs.

Also, controversial opinion but not really a fan of Munchkin at all. Admittedly only witnessed it played and never played myself but it just seems like a game that is just the bargaining part of Catan and that can often be the most frustrating part depending on who you're playing with. So maybe if I played with the right people I could enjoy it.  

13 hours ago, HighlyCorrosive said:

1.Mysterium

2.Codenames

3.Settlers of Catan

OMG I got Mysterium for Christmas and still haven't been able to get it to the table which makes me so sad because I know it's an awesome game. 

Posted (edited)

Settlers of Catan the game where you trade your relationships with the other players for a wheat. Like Monopoly it can be fun but turn family against  each other quickly. 

Edited by Jahotsafits
  • Like 1