slightlyaboveaveragejoe

Can I quote you on that?

"I'm sorry, means to accept responsibility for what happened and to ask for forgiveness" 

Violet Evergarden, in response to being told sorry for things that were not the other person's fault. 

I really like this quote from the show because it shows a theme that we often overlook in everyday life. How often do we apologize for the bad things that happen to another person? Instead, since it's not our fault, wouldn't it be more meaningful to simply be present with that person, to help them with their troubles. 

Just food for thought. 

I generally keep quotes that I like in my signature (down below). They're from many places (shows, songs, and the internet)

• Like 1

I like that place too, but my favorite place is in my head, I use them as one liners, helpers, or just cool phrases. 

Feel free to post some here and why you like them. That's what this thread is for. A collection of great thoughts and good ideas. :)

"Don't change your creation to exploit the culture. Exploit your creation to change the culture." Ryan Seewald (StaticP) 

I really like this quote for two reasons.

First, it reminds us that we aren't to let ourselves be changed by the culture we live in, and that we shouldn't let the things we create or the thoughts we think change to be successful in the culture we have. 

Second, it's an encouragement to exploit your creation, to use your gifts for all the goodness that can be achieved through them. An encouragement to take that step in making something or doing something that you know you can do. 

That's the wonderousness of this BSS community. That we can encourage people to create, explore, and change lives, without needing to be influenced by a culture that thrives on division, self-centeredness, and lies.

• Like 1

“I am sure that God keeps no one waiting unless He sees that it is good for him to wait.” 
 C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

How many hours, and days, and weeks, and months have you been waiting? Maybe the wait is a good thing. It never feels like it in the moment. But it always ends that way.