Reala

Clues To a Poor Man's Breifcase

On 2/2/2018 at 9:51 PM, Reala said:

Rich are the hearts that smile.

I feel like it might be "Reach all the hearts that smile" but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. Just putting it out there though.

9 hours ago, eltep said:

I feel like it might be "Reach all the hearts that smile" but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong. Just putting it out there though.

But I think I'm 100% wrong...

might be wrong but in this part

But I remember some nights,

In the upright!

The little gang fights,

You would comfort me with protection,

i think upright might be opera

Now that the animation is out for this song, there have been a few slight things that I noticed that I wanted to discuss. Time to go full detective detective :ph34r:

First is Meteor's Morime

I believe that Morime is the Ring Bearer, and here's why:

Symbol of Friendship:
During the end of the song, where they find out that Ring is the code, Morime already has a ring. She didn't take one from the briefcase, as it didn't seem like much time had passed because everyone was staring at the rings. The reason Morime gave Hareka the ring is a symbol of friendship between the two girls, or possibly the two idol groups, Meteor and Star Blush. The ring bearer is very familiar with the meaning behind the ring, because they are the ones who wrote out the riddle on the old note. 

Nap Scene & Spider:
In the scene where Aoke and Morime fall asleep on the cat bag, a spider comes and tells them that they need to "pay the hotel fees". First of all, spiders can't talk. All the other spiders in each room didn't talk. That dialog box must have been one of those two hearing those lines, but we don't know if the spider really spoke. It is quite possible, that one of them heard a line from their past. This fits in because this is an abandoned amusement park, not a hotel. It seems like Aoke's reacting to the spider speaking at first, but if you rewatch the scene without acknowledging the spider's line, it makes perfect sense with Aoke just waking up. In fact, if this was a scene in the past, it could have been Morime hearing the Hotel Security talking while she was asleep, and then her father playing Aoke's role and waking her up and escaping with her.

Proofs/Coincidences:
- Kanesaki's Cabin is out of the way from the Star Blush Girl's school, and close enough for Meteor to come over without too much notice in advance. The Abandoned Amusement Park is nearby Kanesaki's Cabin, meaning it's also close to Meteor's school. If there was a child living in that area, they would probably be enrolled in Meteor's school. 

- If the note was written by a child Morime, it would be possible for the note to be aged like that.

- Morime wears a simple white blouse. That seems kind of poor. It would make sense for Morime to be poor if she was the ring bearer

- In When the darkness comes Morime is described as Calm and Gentle. Usually, people who have gone through a lot of difficult situations end up more thoughtful. This could be related?

Let me know what you guys think, if you can find any more evidence to prove, or disprove this theory. Also if you think anyone else is the ring bearer.

Edited by Star Varianth
  • Like 3

My first thought after listening to the song was that Cole might be the ring bearer. My reasoning for this is pretty simple. He has a bad reputation at school, and he is considered eccentric. Having ties to the mafia like the ring bearer does could certainly lead to a bad reputation, and showering in the bathroom's at school would also explain why people think he's eccentric considering the fact he seems to act pretty normal throughout the series. One other thing that sticks out about him is the fact that he didn't learn about the idol bombing that some of his classmates had been prime suspects in until he had already joined their club. This would mean he was very out of the loop. Although this could just be going back to the fact that he had a bad reputation and was reserved, making him unlikely to talk to people and hear gossip, new stories like this would likely be heard anyways. If he was the ring bearer, there is even more reason he wouldn't have known though. The ring bearer's father seems to be dead now, and the mother wasn't mentioned much. It seems likely that the ring bearer's mother was dead or out of the picture before their financial troubles even started though. It mentions just him and his dad sleeping in the alleys. If the ring bearer no longer has either of their parent's and has been placed into foster care, taken in by relatives, etc., it seems likely that they would be a bit reserved. Cole is described as reserved. Even his hair contributes to the evidence. It is possible he originally let his hair grow out because they couldn't afford haircuts, and long hair also tends to get greasy faster, which ties into the line where the ring bearer sais not to call him greasy. One thing that doesn't seem to add up is the fact that the rings represent so many positive messages, and yet Cole had to learn to trust. However the ring bearer has been given plenty of reason's not to trust considering the secret's kept from them by the mafia and his father leaving to fight. 

After watching the video I noticed nothing in it seems to openly implicate Cole. However, red herrings are always a possibility. The Morime theory seems highly possible as well.

• Like 1