Ryan Seewald 【Static-P】

Can you guess the bomber!?

After reading through this thread, I thought of a weird inconsistency. If the Meteor at the idol bombing was the group made up of the old members, then why (or how) does D.D. recognize the new girls as the ones who gave Star Blush an alibi? And if the new Meteor members did plant the bomb in an attempt to boot out the prior ones, why did it go off right before the finale (when Lyuriel was performing), instead of closer to the beginning (when Meteor was performing)?

It is possible that they were there watching the competition, but they probably wouldn't be able to give Star Blush an alibi in that case, since audience members usually aren't allowed backstage during a performance. I'm also wondering why Star Blush was sitting so far away from the other idol groups in the first place.

My last thought is completely unrelated, but I have the feeling that The Ring Bearer in "Clues to a Poorman's Briefcase" might be either a young boy or a girl, since it's unusual (at least in my experience) for a guy to call his father "daddy." But that's not solid evidence, as The Ring Bearer was clearly very close to his or her father, and that could explain it too. However, I am fairly certain that the person who wrote the note is either a young adult or older (at least by this point), since the note was fused to the floor from old age and The Ring Bearer repeatedly referred back to things that they remembered happening.

I have more questions than solid theories, but I figured that putting my thoughts up here might help with speculation.

You bring up solid questions, which should be kept in mind. However, with regard to the idols providing and alibi. It is fairly likely that the Star Blush Girls were in the audience given "When the bomb went off backstage, we were sitting pretty far away." 

You're important question at this stage should be why was Meteor the one that gave their alibi? In order to provide an alibi you need someone who can both identify the accused and can both see and solidly attest to where the accused was at the time of the crime. Therefore it must be assumed that not only was the new Meteor familiar with the Star Blush Girls, (either through their work, or by personal relationships), but they were in close enough proximity to identify where they were during the competition. Which if its a highly popular event, would have to be fairly close. 

Alright, additional considerations. 

Suppose that we consider episode one, contributing the narrative chronological. So this event happens first, the detective, though keen in his understand is able to deduce that the bank robbery has one culprit still on site over an hour and a half later. Which is in and of itself strange, but also consider that he knows that the money is in one of the police cars. Also he states that the second robbery is a sort of cover for the first, which implies slight of hand. Why the distraction for a standard bank robbery? In which you leave the money you've stolen? Unless what you broken into the bank for was not money, but perhaps an item, for banks also contain safe deposit boxes. The hair clip would then incriminate one of our girls, if the crime is a continuation, and the detective could not deduce the culprit on site. 

Also, on the topic of poor man's briefcase. Poor Man could be an adjective describing the briefcase. Poor could be an adjective describing the man whose breifcase it is. Or the third option. Poor man, can actually be "used to refer to someone (such as a performer) who is like another person in some ways but not as talented or successful" Merriam Webster, Just food for thought. 

On 2/2/2018 at 6:56 PM, demonseed said:

i think nori is the bomber.  there is a lot of evidence pointing to him

The only evidence is the fact there's no evidence that's been shown.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 8:26 PM, beaniboi said:

The only evidence is the fact there's no evidence that's been shown.

I think it would be wise to consider all of the options and not necessarily commit a person to innocence or guilt quite yet. 

I mean, the genius teacher is the one with the most means and skill to pull it off. however, he almost seems too obvious for a detective story...

It has to be Kane, first of all, the detective is always there when he is and the detective knows the bomber already, second, he has red everywhere, so he's evil, third, he convieniently makes he star blush girls meet meteor, WHO HAD THERE ALIBI

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Posted (edited)

[Supposed to be quoting slightlyaboveaveragejoe's analysis of Episode 1]

I have seen such analysis of Episode 1 on youtube as well, and while I see your point, I have to disagree with your analysis. The lines actually make a lot of sense if you consider that it was the cops who robbed the bank. First of all, how would a culprit be at the site still without being caught and why hide the money in a police car? Perhaps the culprit left behind was the police who drove the car with the money. This explains the second robbery acting as an alibi, as the cops who performed the robbery (the one hiding the money would have arrived with the other cops to aviod suspicion and better conceal the money) wouldn't have been able to have responded to their own robbery, as the response time would be suspicious. Instead, by creating another robbery, the cops who commited the robbery could use the fact they were at the second robbery's scene as an alibi "proving" their innocence. As for the rock and hair clip - a rock used to break a window would allow a person to easily reach through and open the window, allowing entry into a building. Being in the building wouldn't make them suspicious, as they are cops. And for locked doors they brought a hair clip, which can be used to pick locks (depending on the clip).

(Probably wrong place to post this but IDK where else to put it. Don't know if I'm overlooking something, but I have not seen people considering the cops as a potential culprit and it makes sense, so I wanted to share this theory)

Edited by Aurum
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@Aurum this is the best place for your post :)

That is a safe a logical supposition. One thing to consider however, is that there is only one culprit in the midst of them, (one culprit is amongst us,the rest... at that bank. And inside ONE of your cop cars here. You will find the money safe. )and you're insinuating multiple police officers. Seems highly unlikely that the cops did not observe one of their own. Taking from the bank. More likely a third party deposited the money into one of the cop cars after the officers entered the bank. 

Additionally, creating a second act as a diversion makes it less likely that the cops would be involved because the dispatch sends out the notice for the second break in after the cops had been on scene for an hour.

Also it seems a little unnecessary to break a window and then use a hair clip to unlock the interior doors. Why wouldn't you then just unlock the exterior? 

If you were to break in by picking the doors there is the chance that you would not find that anything had been broken into until something was missing. 

Therefore the purpose of the rock was to make certain that the act was a know event. So that when an item or something went missing the theft would cover for that item. Instead of identifing the target immediately and giving away the robbers intentions.  

Also I appreciate your discourse :). 

Edited by slightlyaboveaveragejoe
  • Like 1

I say it was probably the teacher. This is just my casually formed hypothesis BUT...

If there is one thing that we learned from the detective song it's that he knows what he's doing. He is incredibly adept at his job. He's been watching this group since "no one's in this alone" and he's still with them. Yet in "dream on" he says he's on their side. So he doesn't believe the girls did it. We don't know when he came to this conclusion but the fact that he is still with them means that something of interest is still being investigated. Aka the teacher, the only other person who was both present at the bombing and remains at the school. Plus we already know that he has no personal interest in the well-being of the group. However, I couldn't see him choosing to bomb the stage unless he's crazy or has some kind of ulterior motive. He mentioned being friends with Aka Sensei but I still feel like we need more info.

Also, I thought Static said that "clues in a poor man's briefcase" ( realizing how long his titles can be) didn't relate directly to the mystery. It's like a filler episode. Every anime has them (except slice of life anime which are basically ALL filler episodes). And for the record they're still at the cabin with detective and teach and Meteor. Apparently there's more out buildings.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 12:46 PM, slightlyaboveaveragejoe said:

@Aurum this is the best place for your post :)

That is a safe a logical supposition. One thing to consider however, is that there is only one culprit in the midst of them, (one culprit is amongst us,the rest... at that bank. And inside ONE of your cop cars here. You will find the money safe. )and you're insinuating multiple police officers. Seems highly unlikely that the cops did not observe one of their own. Taking from the bank. More likely a third party deposited the money into one of the cop cars after the officers entered the bank. 

Additionally, creating a second act as a diversion makes it less likely that the cops would be involved because the dispatch sends out the notice for the second break in after the cops had been on scene for an hour.

Also it seems a little unnecessary to break a window and then use a hair clip to unlock the interior doors. Why wouldn't you then just unlock the exterior? 

If you were to break in by picking the doors there is the chance that you would not find that anything had been broken into until something was missing. 

Therefore the purpose of the rock was to make certain that the act was a know event. So that when an item or something went missing the theft would cover for that item. Instead of identifing the target immediately and giving away the robbers intentions.  

Also I appreciate your discourse :). 

It feels like you guys have an all or nothing mentality, there could be one"bad" cop being used to hide and cover the stash while the rest are not cops. For example, if they had planned it so that after the robbery they stashed the stolen goods nearby so that the bad cop. Who perhaps patrols nearby, would be the first one to arrive at the crime scene and hide it in his car. Then they would investigate the crime but the second robbery would serve as a distraction and cut it short. Now he would have the opportunity to leave the crime with the goods therefore decreasing the risk of being caught.

Speculation, however I think time is important. He wrote this song before he intended on making the story. So it was probably intended to stand alone. It may not have any clues for the bombing mystery.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zion Mesa said:

It feels like you guys have an all or nothing mentality, there could be one"bad" cop being used to hide and cover the stash while the rest are not cops. For example, if they had planned it so that after the robbery they stashed the stolen goods nearby so that the bad cop. Who perhaps patrols nearby, would be the first one to arrive at the crime scene and hide it in his car. Then they would investigate the crime but the second robbery would serve as a distraction and cut it short. Now he would have the opportunity to leave the crime with the goods therefore decreasing the risk of being caught.

Speculation, however I think time is important. He wrote this song before he intended on making the story. So it was probably intended to stand alone. It may not have any clues for the bombing mystery.

Indeed, we have but a limited amount of information on which to base our assumptions. Anything that we posit therefore is simply conjecture. If would be wise to consider all options before asserting a single conclusion. We could conclude that an officer was involved, even if not all of them were. 

Also, while he may have written the song before constructing the narrative, he could have written it in such a way that this song was included in the bombing mystery. Like you said, I think it would be prudent not to necessary have an all or nothing mentality. 

Well, first of all, it IS NOT The Star Blush Girls, as they DO actually have an alibi.  if the entire group was standing far away, none of them could have lit the match that (presumably) was used to light the fuse of the bomb.  [It is a possibility that the ones that lit the match are the ones that reported it, as they would have (obviously) known about it].  

Though based on what the detective says in ‘Idol Bombing’: “Still we can't prove that it was them- the idols in question weren't near the rest.  Two witnesses had heard a match, the witnesses lead, leads to my unrest."  This, like the rest of Ryan's music, isn't just clever wordplay- it means he suspects the 'lead' he got from someone, as it doesn't sit quite right with him.  (Because he never said it was a VICTIM that told him- it was a WITNESS.  The only people besides the victims that could have heard something like a match would be the culprits.  It is POSSIBLE it was their teacher that was the witness (not the culprit) but I don’t have enough evidence for that. [It could have been other Stage Staff, but they weren’t mentioned, so I doubt the witness would be someone we don’t know about- that would be dumb, lol]) It also proves what I said previously about Star Blush being innocent.

Though, because there was video evidence 'nobody tampered with anyone's stuff' means that the bomb was in the bag of someone in Star Blush BEFORE they set them down backstage.  But if nobody in Star Blush lit the match, it's likely that they are all innocent (or one of them is working with ANOTHER idol group, but that doesn't make sense- why would they put themselves in the spotlight to take the blame if it was to bomb other groups?  The motive isn't there for Star Blush to do it.  More proof they’re innocent!)

And based on a clue Ryan gave us in the discord, (💣🎤💼🔄🍩)  I have taken this to mean: "The bomb in a singer's bag was swapped with food' It is possible someone swapped out one of the girl's lunch beforehand, or gave them a gift, or a snack, or some other type of food or box disguising/hiding the bomb- because DD said it WAS in a Star Blush member’s backpack- “Only one group stood unharmed; the group whose baggage hid the bomb.”  There’s also a line in ‘A Reason For Suffering’; “The bomb was hidden in their baggage, and the world wanted someone to blame.” 

Though, I would like to point out, as said in 'idol bombing'; "if someone slipped them the bomb was it them they tried to blow up?"  Either way, their goal was to hurt Star Blush, and they succeeded.  The way it happened just ended up hurting others as well.

I presume the motive for bombing Star Blush was that they were “offered a gig that led to fame… We were voted to perform on the top ten idol stage.”  When before, their music was mocked.

I believe Meteor- the idol group in ‘I’m Sorry!’ that is a fan of Star Blush, and provided their alibi, is also innocent.  Because if it was them, why would they provide an alibi for someone they were trying to hurt?

Like DD says, “See this is my special move: I put myself in your shoes!”

Though I believe one of the Idol groups-likely the culprit- has a connection to the police, as in DD, there is a hairclip on the ground, presumably a idol's accessory.  There is also likely one bad cop as a result, as the money was hidden in one of the cops' cars, yet DD had to announce it, meaning none- or only one- of the cops knew the money was even there, meaning one of them was in on it.  because of this, it was a distraction, as he said.  I believe the idol's knew they could not just rob a bank and get away with it, so they had to buy time by distracting the cops.  The group likely split up to take both banks.

If you suspect someone, put yourself in their shoes, and reason it out.  Assume people are fairly smart and wouldn’t want to incriminate themselves or put themselves in the spotlight, unless their actions were very brash and sudden, which the bombing clearly was not.  The bombing was clearly premeditated (planned beforehand).

I can't prove it was any specific group, because we do not know the names, or identities, or relationships of any of the groups, we can only speculate on the motive, the method, and the general identity of the culprits, that is, an Idol Group.  Without any named suspects or relationships, and no info about any of the other groups, we can only rule out who DIDN'T do it.  (At the time of posting this)

EDIT: The teacher, Kanesaki, I believe, has an odd detail in his bio(Synopsis) in Episode 0.  He's a "Part-Time Inventor"?  What does that have to do with anything?  That's a very, VERY odd detail to include.  it is possible, with his knowledge, he may have been involved in building the bomb.  Also, why was Meteor with them and.. Aka-Sensei, I believe?  If Kanesaki was teaching Aka-Sensei, why the heck did Meteor come with them???  Also, they’re the only other Idol Group that has been mentioned so far.  Other groups weren’t in episode 0, so unless Ryan is going to include Synopses for everybody new from here on out, he has this all planned with the current characters.  It's all so complicated, and there just isn't enough evidence yet.  Meteor was on the same top ten stage as The Star Blush Girls, based on their Synopsis, so if it was them, and they won all of their competitions so far, why would they bomb their own show?  Even if they DID see SBG as a competitor, having 100% competition win rate just doesn't scream "desperate enough to bomb competition" to me.

UPDATE: I believe the Detective was the one that put the briefcase in the abandoned building in "A Poor Man's Briefcase" as... well, what was the scenario?  The group was finding clues to open a briefcase, while the note described the writer had a connection with the mafia.  Out of everybody we've met, who has the most relation to these things?  Definitely the detective-  It's his job to find clues and evidence that lead to a solution, and he clearly wants to support SBG.  There's also the line "I still remember taking showers in the bathrooms at school..."  To me, the 'still' implies that it was a long time ago, and that combined with "at school" means it was done in the past, or the speaker used to do it.  Considering the Detective is an adult, that may explain the 'still remember' part, as well as line up with the fact that he used to be in school.  Also, I do still believe SBG is innocent, as the detective clearly knows things we don't, and supports their innocence, as spoken in "dream on".  Even if Star Blush were intending to harm other idol groups, the motive still isn't quite there...

Edited by ScienceRocks
Updated info
  • Like 1

While I do agree that it's far to early to make a call on someone's guilty. I would think it's far to early to call on innocence either. 

For their alibi is that they were no where near the bags, however, the evidence suggests it was there from the beginning, before they arrived. Which is how I would do it if I planned a bombing. 

You wouldn't want anyone to even open your bag accidentally. Which is the main pitfall of the match theory. If there was someone who lit the bomb with a match they would appear on camera. Thus the detectives difficulty with the witness. The witness is already lying. 

So if I was going to investigate the two main group of suspects in the bombing. The witnesses who gave false testimony and the group who was in possession of the bomb before it exploded. I would probably want them in one place as well. 

Thus the detective and his friend Kanesaki have the ingenuity to get both groups of girls in the same room. So that they can observe. 

And since the detective and Kanesaki are friends it would be awfully bold of him to bring the detective to the competition he planned to bomb. 

But you have many things to consider. I would keep them at the forefront of your mind while the investigation continues.

On 11/17/2018 at 11:30 AM, slightlyaboveaveragejoe said:

While I do agree that it's far to early to make a call on someone's guilty. I would think it's far to early to call on innocence either. 

For their alibi is that they were no where near the bags, however, the evidence suggests it was there from the beginning, before they arrived. Which is how I would do it if I planned a bombing. 

You wouldn't want anyone to even open your bag accidentally. Which is the main pitfall of the match theory. If there was someone who lit the bomb with a match they would appear on camera. Thus the detectives difficulty with the witness. The witness is already lying. 

So if I was going to investigate the two main group of suspects in the bombing. The witnesses who gave false testimony and the group who was in possession of the bomb before it exploded. I would probably want them in one place as well. 

Thus the detective and his friend Kanesaki have the ingenuity to get both groups of girls in the same room. So that they can observe. 

And since the detective and Kanesaki are friends it would be awfully bold of him to bring the detective to the competition he planned to bomb. 

But you have many things to consider. I would keep them at the forefront of your mind while the investigation continues.

ah! yes!  I knew there was a reason something about the witness' lead that didn't sit right, and kinda incriminated said witness, and you just stated it clearly! The bomb was already there, and they would be caught on camera if they tried to light it, so the witness is already lying!  I KNEW the witness was super suspicious!  That being said, we still don't know who the 'witness' is!  There are so many small details that just don't quite match up, and so many misleading points!   Motives, evidence, and testimonies just don't quite all line up with each other!  though, I still believe that SBG is probably innocent, as being the only group that was unharmed, and 'coincidentally' standing farther away would clearly be suspicious, and would be avoided.  Plus, if they were nowhere near the bags, what did the match have to do with anything?  Was it a detail Meteor knew about, and planned ahead so that SBG would have an alibi- as they couldnt light a match light the bomb if they were far away?  SBG being guilty still just doesn't sit quite right, either.  It doesn't make sense.

Though... looking at it from another perspective. it's possible a member of SBG that knew about the bomb, and led the group away so their friends wouldn't be hurt.  If I was planning on putting someone near danger I was about to cause, my focus would be on keeping the people I care about safe, not the consequences of keeping them safe.  Hm... Assumptions are a dangerous thing in detective work... It biased me towards thinking SBG was innocent...

Also, we don't know Meteor's testimony was fake necessarily, as we still haven't gotten confirmation on what exactly they said- just that they gave SBG an alibi.  We also don't know if they were the ones that heard, or lit the match, or told the detective.  This may also make Meteor more suspicious however, as they may know info about the bombing that we don't- for example, if they were involved in some way, they  would have more details to work with in coming up with an alibi for SBG.

literally all we know about meteor is that they are fans of SBG, and they gave SBG an alibi of some kind.

It's all so vague... hmm... so many routes and leads and confounds... I still feel like i'm missing something obvious...  I couldn't really glean any kind of useful info from "A Poor Man's Briefcase" either, as it told the story of someone, and we don't know who they could be, just that they are likely older now, and had a connection with the mafia at one point.  We don't even know how they got out of it- just that they 'walked right past' which.... is very strange.  You wouldn't think the mafia would give up just because you ran away... so it's probably metaphorical?

Other than that, all we gathered about any of the suspects was details about their personality, which isn't exactly helpful, at least for now.

Nearly any important figures have gone unnamed, which means it could all be one person, one group, different people, different groups, unnamed characters, etc.  

NOTE: remember how I said assumptions are dangerous?  This entire time, we've been assuming- or at least, I was- that SBG was the target, whether it's being framed, or bombed.  and all almost all of my analyses have come from this POV, save for the one I mentioned above about a SBG member leading friends to safety.  

Edited by ScienceRocks
added info- all times XD
  • Like 1

On 4/3/2018 at 6:06 PM, slightlyaboveaveragejoe said:

Alright, additional considerations. 

Suppose that we consider episode one, contributing the narrative chronological. So this event happens first, the detective, though keen in his understand is able to deduce that the bank robbery has one culprit still on site over an hour and a half later. Which is in and of itself strange, but also consider that he knows that the money is in one of the police cars. Also he states that the second robbery is a sort of cover for the first, which implies slight of hand. Why the distraction for a standard bank robbery? In which you leave the money you've stolen? Unless what you broken into the bank for was not money, but perhaps an item, for banks also contain safe deposit boxes. The hair clip would then incriminate one of our girls, if the crime is a continuation, and the detective could not deduce the culprit on site. 

Also, on the topic of poor man's briefcase. Poor Man could be an adjective describing the briefcase. Poor could be an adjective describing the man whose breifcase it is. Or the third option. Poor man, can actually be "used to refer to someone (such as a performer) who is like another person in some ways but not as talented or successful" Merriam Webster, Just food for thought. 

Ah! i had this same theory about maybe breaking into a bank for not for money, for supplies or something for the bomb, but I threw it out the window, as why would a bank- that holds money- have something like that?  safety deposit boxes, duh!  so my original theory is still valid and possible here! yay!  Also, I believe 'Poor Man' is likely both, as 'man' as a gender could be misleading us.  I don't know how long it would take for paper, or whatever the note was on, to fuse to wood, but I assumed (again with the dangerous assumptions!!!)  that it would likely be long enough that whoever wrote it would be an adult.  Not exactly the case- I don't know for certain how long it takes, so that conjecture is largely unreliable.

EDIT: upon doing research, paper degrades rather quickly- from 2 weeks to 5 months depending on conditions..  it could have easily been placed there by one of the girls or groups...

Edited by ScienceRocks
added info- again.
  • Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 2:00 PM, ScienceRocks said:

Ah! i had this same theory about maybe breaking into a bank for not for money, for supplies or something for the bomb, but I threw it out the window, as why would a bank- that holds money- have something like that?  safety deposit boxes, duh!  so my original theory is still valid and possible here! yay!  Also, I believe 'Poor Man' is likely both, as 'man' as a gender could be misleading us.  I don't know how long it would take for paper, or whatever the note was on, to fuse to wood, but I assumed (again with the dangerous assumptions!!!)  that it would likely be long enough that whoever wrote it would be an adult.  Not exactly the case- I don't know for certain how long it takes, so that conjecture is largely unreliable.

EDIT: upon doing research, paper degrades rather quickly- from 2 weeks to 5 months depending on conditions..  it could have easily been placed there by one of the girls or groups...

Quite a plausible theory indeed though I have always leaned more heavily toward it possibly being the detective. For who is leading them to this abandoned theme park? Also, give Detective Detective, the detective was familiar with the mafia, as he recognized their base and knew the thoughts of the people who had kidnapped him. So he has had experience in that realm. 

I also still stand by the theory that the the poor man's Breifcase was referring to Detective and Kanesaki as they grew up. That's why they knew about the Breifcase. Also, though it mentions Father a few times, that could be in reference to God the Father, not necessarily the father of the character. 

Just food for thought. Keep up the dectecting. :)

• Like 1

Also, in "I'm sorry!" Someone- either the detective or Cole, says "Ugh, you've GOT to be kidding me."  if it is the detective, that means that the meeting between Star Blush and Meteor wasn't planned, as you said.  If it was Cole, your earlier theory about it being planned still makes sense.  though, i believe it IS the detective saying it, as the detective is the main speaker throughout the entire song, save for kanesaki's apology. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2018 at 10:15 AM, ScienceRocks said:

either the detective or Cole

As seen on the lyrics, in the description or in closed captions on the youtube video, it is Detective Detective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/24/2018 at 6:00 PM, slightlyaboveaveragejoe said:

You are not wrong. However, he sighs, he's not angry, and he got the key from. His friend it would be rather convenient of him to forget not more than a day later. 

Ah, it's entirely possible Kanesaki planned this, and didn't tell the Detective.  Thus, DD's reaction would still apply, and both our theories could very well be correct!   Again, the assumptions! I keep passing off everything as "oh, that makes sense!" or just taking everything at face-value, lol.  Slowly but surely...!!! 

EDIT:  DD may have realized Kanesaki's plan after he reacted, which is why he so quickly turned it around into a good thing- that is, "These girls' gave your alibi- they're on your side."

Edited by ScienceRocks
added info

The plot thickens. I think its safe to say that at this point we simply don't have adequate information to illuminate the bomber or his true identity. But I think it would be important to review relevant clues and Easter Eggs, because those are quite enjoyable to look for also I think having multiple theories can help to keep us from avoiding the obvious.