Ryan Seewald 【Static-P】

Can you guess the bomber!?

The detective.

I got a buncha reasons but ima think about em and edit this sooner or later owo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i think nori is the bomber.  there is a lot of evidence pointing to him

Edited by demonseed

My true answer is... Angelight! They were the people on the stage when it was bombed. It seems light them as they could have easily planted the bomb and frame the star blush girls.

I think it's someone in Meteor (the other idol group), possibly their teacher (Aka Sensei). They likely appeared at the cabin to keep an eye on D.D. to make sure he didn't find anything out. I don't think it was just so that they would come out on the top of the competition though, despite the fact that When The Darkness Comes calls Meteor a "successful idol group." I think there's some more personal reason for setting the bomb.

I do feel like the teacher was an accomplice in some way, but not the actual criminal.

In the latest episode, there is mention of rings being flashed.  We only see both hands fully of Cole, Hareka, and Aoke.  I think that's an important note.  Everyone else either has their hands in their pockets or wears gloves.  Or they just keep their hands in an odd position to avoid showing.  Just throwing it out there.

21 minutes ago, Blackeyefatlip said:

there is mention of rings being flashed

what episode are you talking about 

In episode 0 it was stated that Meteor won the idol competition 3 times in a row. Then in episode 6 the teacher says that Meteor admires them. It seems awfully suspicious that a group that won 3 times in a row would admire the group suspected of blowing up the stage. In episode 3 it is made quite clear that they were not the ones on stage. It is also then stated in episode 6 that they provided the alibi for the Star Blush Girls. That would mean they would probably need to be close enough to them to watch for detonators. We can infer from the fact that only the Star Blush Girls were unharmed that they were standing far away from the explosion. Thus, it is reasonable to assume that Meteor was also away from the explosion, but not quite as far as the Star Blush Girls. It is very possible that they may have distanced themselves from the bomb knowing it would go off. Them still being injured by it could be explained by remaining just close enough to avoid suspicion, underestimating the strength of the bomb, taking too long to get away after setting things up, or simply being unable to get past the Star Blush Girls without drawing attention. These clues point to the possibility that Meteor was behind the bombing. This raises the question of why they did it though, and it raises the question of why they gave the Star Blush Girls an alibi. Going back to episode 0, it is mentioned that Meteor is now an entirely new group of students replacing the former members. On the list of acts in the background of episode 3, Meteor was listed first. They had already seen how the crowd felt about their performance by the time the bomb was set off. Given the fact they were trying to live up to the name set before them it is quite possible that they set the bomb up as a last resort to prevent losing and take down some of the competition so that they can win the next year. As for why they provided the alibi for the Star Blush Girls, it made them seem less suspicious. If they were clever enough to plan out the bombing to help their idol group, who's to say they wouldn't be smart enough to cover it up afterwords by helping another group. It would also help the Star Blush Girls to trust them. This enables Meteor to get some training from them in the cabin by the lake. By getting training from their former opponents they can improve their chances further. This is especially big when you factor in the fact that the Star Blush Girls are unlikely to return to the idol competition the next year due to them losing all their fans. There is a bit of evidence for some of the other people having done it, but this is what I could gather the most information on.

• Like 3

I personally think it's the teacher, the detective's friend.

My reasoning is majorly based off two things. One: after the bombing, his wording is very careful. He says "I was there when it happened." That doesn't exactly prove his guilt, but neither does it prove his innocence. Two: he invited the detective to the competition. How better to get yourself out of the detective's search radar than to be the reason the detective ended up at the bombing? Surely the bomber wouldn't do that. 

Those are my reasons. Not really evidence, but more of a hunch. 

• Like 1

Assuming the four current members are not the bombers, who's to say that it wasn't one of their past members who left after the bombing. Isn't it suspicious how they suddenly left and are not suspected at all? There must be someone close to them who tries to cover up the truth and put the blame on the four members. I say that someone must be quite powerful to be able to cover up their tracks; a mafia boss perhaps.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunnilybright said:

Assuming the four current members are not the bombers, who's to say that it wasn't one of their past members who left after the bombing. Isn't it suspicious how they suddenly left and are not suspected at all? There must be someone close to them who tries to cover up the truth and put the blame on the four members. I say that someone must be quite powerful to be able to cover up their tracks; a mafia boss perhaps.

It isn't all that suspicious that they left. It makes sense to want to distance yourself from a group believed to have been behind a bombing. In the song, A Reason For Suffering, the remaining members of the group talked about all the bad things they went through after the bombing. Keiko talks about just wanting to sleep and not deal with it. Keiko and Hareka meantion wanting to just scream and weep. It's made abundantly clear that they were suffering greatly, and it is reasonable to assume that the two members that left underwent similarly bad treatment. They probably figured that if they left the group they could reduce the amount of bad treatment they were getting. As for why they weren't suspected, in the song Dream On, the detective said he was on the groups side when asked if he though the group was guilty. Since he is, by his own account, always "two steps in front" he likely was well aware of their innocence for a while. Meteor gave them an alibi according to the song, I'm sorry, so that alone absolves them from some of the blame. Furthermore, the two members that left are never listed by name or given details about them in the song, When The Darkness Comes. Since this was episode 0 and it gives the basics on all the main characters in the video, it is reasonable to assume that the culprit is probably one of the people shown in the video. The presence of this forum shows that Static-P thought there was enough evidence that we may be able to piece together the culprit, but there is too little information about the two members that left to make a credible argument at the moment.

I have just pointed out the flaws in the argument. However, I would like to take a moment to play devil's advocate. In Idol Bombing, it is stated that two witnesses had heard a match. The number two is brought up three other times: two big men were moving the detective in the limo, two idols were on stage at the time of the explosion, and two members left the group. I think the criminals from episode 1 could easily be ruled out as the witnesses. You're probably wondering what is so suspicious about hearing the match. It is important to note that a group was on stage performing at the time of the explosion. Matches don't make much noise. It would be unlikely for anyone to be close enough to hear it without seeing it or getting too injured to give an account of it as soon after as it seems they did. From this, we can gather that those two witnesses may have had inside information about the bomb. This evidence alone is not enough to prove the two members that left were the criminals however. The two witnesses may very well have just been two random bystanders, and I could very well be over thinking the whole part about the match. It is also unlikely that the two members that left could have been considered witnesses when they were suspects at the time.

so when they checked the video no one was on the video so its very possible that its an outside party that loses money from the event mainly because i doubt that a school idol group would do this let alone do it without getting caught. there is also a thing of just trying to spread fear which while realistic very predictable. i'd have to say for myself there are too many loose pieces. while it's possible that it was the previous meteor its unlikely the event brought new talent every time which means if they had heard of them they shouldn't have any fear cause they've won for 3 years, also the new meteor could have done it it makes sense for them to have done it they get rid of their target og meteor and they force the blame on someone else however it doesn't explain why they'd cover for them if they did it then they should definitely not move the blame so that takes them out cause no intelligent person would do that. so, it's very possible new meteor saw them walk away and then they heard the explosion. there's also the sound of a match which i can't figure out. so, yeah i state again there are too many missing pieces. that or i'm just putting too much thought into it.

The Story Thus Far: 

Episode 0: Exposition on the different characters and their dreams, motive, personalities. (Note: The only character that has not explicitly appeared in another video. is Nori) Also I uploaded screen grabs of the character profiles. Also the Kanji on the background for Nori translates roughly to business manager, don't know what that means, but I thought it was a cool add in.

Episode 1: Detective Detective has woken up in a strange place kidnapped by rough looking/sounding men. He may or may not recognize them. After a botched escape attempt, he is taken to a crime scene, of a crime, a bank, where the evidence is a rock thrown through a window and a hair clip. This event is not specifically mentioned as exposition or as contributing to the rest of the narrative, (speculate at your own risk)

Episode 2: We are introduced to Cole and the Starblush girls, Cole, being a loner, wants to write songs and even plans to create a club to do so. Upon requesting such a club he is added to the current school music club, which consists of a 4 girl idol group. The Star blush girls. On his way out Hareka asks him to stay and the group convince him to stay, because they need one more person or their club will no longer exist. They conscript Cole to write their future songs. 

Episode 3: Two Unknown Idol girls claim to hear a match just prior to the explosion the ignites the rest of our story. On stage at the time is what appears to be a two person idol group, known as Angelight, performing "Are you Ready." The explosives were hidden in the Star Blush Girls luggage and consisted of a small amount of Dynamite (Per the Detective's observations.) At this time the Star blush girls were a distance away from the stage. Related to the investigation by Detective Detective, No one tampered, with the idol group's baggage after it arrived on site, due to the cameras on site. Additionally, the Detective notes, that the witnesses who heard the match cause him a great deal of unrest. Whether this is because he doesn't believe it (Because the person lighting the match would be on tape) or because he has questions is left to speculation. 

Episode 4: Cole has a day off and is walking around town when Hareka pulls him into one of the shops. Cole, having been a loner is hesitant to trust the girls. Being a member of the school, he would undoubtedly know what these girls were suspected of (Speculation again) However, after spending time and getting to know them, he stands up to their new manager, Detective Detective. One of the girls cries a bit at this display, Probably Hareka given the two's relationship to this point. (again Speculation)

Episode 5: The Star Blush Girls tell their part of the story. As a first year group they had what appears to be 8 members, ( They lost 2 in the second year, and Some in the third Year) but that number is speculation based on the video. After a year of no fame, hard work, being ignored, and pushed around, they get a gig that propels them to the top. (Could be Nori based on his profile, but again speculation) Then at the bombing Aoke states they were far from the bomb, which was hidden in their baggage, and she states that they didn't do it, but were framed. At this stage they are asking Cole and Detective Detective to create a dream strong enough that they would fight through this difficulty. Notes: First Hareka's lines all suggest a depressed state. Crying into a pillow, Hoping it would all go away. This is an anime esque show so with a little speculation. There are only three years of "High School" They are in their final year, thus one more shot at fame. This would also mean that the Meteor group that performs the year of the bombing is no the same group of girls that are shown in the next episode. (They are all first years replacing the previous Meteor.) 

Episode 6: The teacher (a friend of the detective's) give DD a key to his cabin, by a lake. He takes the group there, to relax The group goes without a second though and enjoys their time together. However, the genius teacher friend of the detective forgets that he had the detective there that night and barges into the room, with another teacher and the new Meteor, who happened to give the Starblush girls alibi. 

Episode 7: Cole talks with DD about how he wants to help the girls who are helping him not be alone, but he's not confident in himself and he questions his friends guilt. At the same time Hareka is crying alone, telling herself to dream on even when she doesn't feel like she can. The detective made the note that they inspire people to dream, but who is going to inspire them to dream. Note: Thought Cole directly asks the detective if he thinks one of the girls is guilty, he deflects the question twice. 

Episode 8: Watch the video it just came out and is worth viewing a few hundred times. Suffice to say, the girls find a bunch of rings in brief case. in an abandoned building by the lake. The reason they went there is unknown. 

Happy Hunting

Joe

Aka Sensei.PNG

Aoke.PNG

BEE.PNG

Cole.PNG

Detective 2.PNG

Hareka.PNG

Kanesaki.PNG

Keiko.PNG

Meteor.PNG

Nori.PNG

The Detective.PNG

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I think the Aspirations from episode 0 are really important.

I'd rule Detective and Cole out. Detective is obvious, and I'd rule Cole out because it seems like he's had no prior experience with the idol world.

(One of?) The star blush girls might have planted the bomb, but I doubt it. They all wanted to be idols, and risking it at the height of their fame would be a strong motivator not to. That, and it seems unlikely that they snuck a lit bomb into a crowded area in their bag.

Unless they wanted to disgrace the star blush girls, and defeat them on a future stage, the new meteor group wouldn't have given an Alibi.

Kanesaki may have done it to compel his sister to quit, so he won't have to be the club's supervisor. He also (as brother to one of the idols) would be able to slip something into one of their bags. As a genius inventor, he also likely could have tampered with the video footage, or made a remote control bomb.

I'd say right now it's a toss up between Aka Sensei and Nori.

Aka Sensei wants to manage a successful idol group. She could have planted the bomb to eliminate competition to her own group. That said, the old meteor group was probably injured by the bomb, so unless she was dissatisfied with the group at the time, there's no reason for her to have done that. Since Aka Sensei is also a teacher, she could have somehow snuck a bomb to them under their noses, and before they were on camera. This doesn't well explain how the bomb got lit, though.

I'd put my money on Nori. Nori wants to see the underdog win. I'm not sure if it's been explicitly stated that he was the one that gave the star blush girls the gig that led them to fame, but that might be the case. I'd still put my money on Nori even if he was though. I imagine that 'bombing your investment' would be a good reason not to suspect him. But who's a better underdog than a formerly famous group who's fallen from grace, and universally hated? Or what about the other idols who's dreams died in the ashes of the bomb? If any one of those groups succeeds, Nori gets to watch an underdog redeem their name, or (literally) rise from the ashes. Further, if Nori did give them the golden opportunity leading to their fame, they'd be more likely to trust him, and take a bomb disguised as a 'good luck' charm from him. If he had a hand in the event planning, he also could have easily tampered with the video footage, hiding someone going and lighting the bomb.

Edit: This also doesn't rule out cooperation between multiple people. If it was between two people, I'd say it'd be Aka Sensei and Kanesaki. Primarily because they both have some motivation, and building off what Unlocked said earlier, it's rather convenient that Kanesaki 'forgot' he let Detective and Starblush into his cabin. Especially since he handed the keys over. Aka and Kanesaki both show up as well, and use Meteor to lower Detective's suspicions while they keep an eye on him.

Edited by Atagait
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Indeed the requisite needs for establishing a solid grounds for any criminal investigation include three main components. Means, Motive, and Opportunity. The easily identifiable components are opportunity and motive.

In regards to opportunity, the only characters with the opportunity, to commit this crime, based on the evidence that the bomb was planted in Star Blush's Baggage. Are the Star Blush Girls themselves, and any other character with access to their baggage prior to arrival on site. This probably being their teacher and any possible friends. 

In terms of Motive you would have to break it down by those character's who you think have the opportunity and what would compel them to light off a bomb on the competition day. 

1. Aoke: It seems unlikely that Aoke would have a motive, and provided that you believe her defense in episode 5 it would appear that she would be the most unlikely of the girls to commit the act. 
  2. Bee: Also seems very unlikely, given that her aspirations are to help her friends, and preoccupation with the difficulties they are currently facing. It seems unlikely that she would be involved. However, if she thought the bombing would contribute to helping her friends, it is conceivable that she could conduct this attack. 
  3. Hareka: Her goal to "Inspire the world is one of the few goals that doesn't directly conflict with the idea of bombing the idol competition. That being said with a goal of that it would seem unlikely that her actions would contribute to destruction. Additionally, Hareka is struggling internally with something that she wants to tell people, but can't (Speculation from Dream On)
  4. Keiko: Her goal is to be an Idol. So anything that would risk that would again seem unlikely. 
  5. Kanesaki Hyudou: He's lazy, he doesn't want to do anything, and he's forced by his sister to be in charge of an idol group. How to not do anything? Blow up the idols. (See Detectives comment on whether or not the Star Blush Girls were the target.)
  6. Kariko: She wants to be a successful idol, Eliminating the veteran talent would make their success easier.
  7. Morime: She wants to help her friends, on the same thought as Bee, if she wasn't thinking properly she could consider the explosion to help one of her friends? 
  8. Furuto: Wants to have lots of fun. Generic, but again, if her fun is gained through injuring people its motive enough

Means: Truthfully this would be the hardest part to decide with the information we have available. Mainly who would have access to dynamite, could plant the bomb, and detonate it without anyone knowing. Without additional information this would undoubtedly lead one to conclude Kanesaki Hyudou, The Genius, as he would be the only one with seemingly enough knowledge to manufacture the nitroglycerin compound necessary to create the explosion. Other people with means, would be anyone with the ability to purchase or get their hands on Dynamite in the first place. (Again this would assume that our detective knows enough about explosive composition to correctly deduce the weapon used in the attack.) But again for this particular set of posts I am trying to post items that are more factual and less supposition.

Edited by slightlyaboveaveragejoe
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, slightlyaboveaveragejoe said:

Indeed the requisite needs for establishing a solid grounds for any criminal investigation include three main components. Means, Motive, and Opportunity. The easily identifiable components are opportunity and motive.

In regards to opportunity, the only characters with the opportunity, to commit this crime, based on the evidence that the bomb was planted in Star Blush's Baggage. Are the Star Blush Girls themselves, and any other character with access to their baggage prior to arrival on site. This probably being their teacher and any possible friends. 

In terms of Motive you would have to break it down by those character's who you think have the opportunity and what would compel them to light off a bomb on the competition day. 

1. Aoke: It seems unlikely that Aoke would have a motive, and provided that you believe her defense in episode 5 it would appear that she would be the most unlikely of the girls to commit the act. 
  2. Bee: Also seems very unlikely, given that her aspirations are to help her friends, and preoccupation with the difficulties they are currently facing. It seems unlikely that she would be involved. However, if she thought the bombing would contribute to helping her friends, it is conceivable that she could conduct this attack. 
  3. Hareka: Her goal to "Inspire the world is one of the few goals that doesn't directly conflict with the idea of bombing the idol competition. That being said with a goal of that it would seem unlikely that her actions would contribute to destruction. Additionally, Hareka is struggling internally with something that she wants to tell people, but can't (Speculation from Dream On)
  4. Keiko: Her goal is to be an Idol. So anything that would risk that would again seem unlikely. 
  5. Kanesaki Hyudou: He's lazy, he doesn't want to do anything, and he's forced by his sister to be in charge of an idol group. How to not do anything? Blow up the idols. (See Detectives comment on whether or not the Star Blush Girls were the target.)
  6. Kariko: She wants to be a successful idol, Eliminating the veteran talent would make their success easier.
  7. Morime: She wants to help her friends, on the same thought as Bee, if she wasn't thinking properly she could consider the explosion to help one of her friends? 
  8. Furuto: Wants to have lots of fun. Generic, but again, if her fun is gained through injuring people its motive enough

Means: Truthfully this would be the hardest part to decide with the information we have available. Mainly who would have access to dynamite, could plant the bomb, and detonate it without anyone knowing. Without additional information this would undoubtedly lead one to conclude Kanesaki Hyudou, The Genius, as he would be the only one with seemingly enough knowledge to manufacture the nitroglycerin compound necessary to create the explosion. Other people with means, would be anyone with the ability to purchase or get their hands on Dynamite in the first place. (Again this would assume that our detective knows enough about explosive composition to correctly deduce the weapon used in the attack.) But again for this particular set of posts I am trying to post items that are more factual and less supposition.

Though I do agree with most, But you might need to delve deeper into the episodes. *Takes off tinfoil hat* Though this is one of the better theories I've seen.

On 2/2/2018 at 8:19 PM, Unlocked said:

I think it's someone in Meteor (the other idol group), possibly their teacher (Aka Sensei). They likely appeared at the cabin to keep an eye on D.D. to make sure he didn't find anything out. I don't think it was just so that they would come out on the top of the competition though, despite the fact that When The Darkness Comes calls Meteor a "successful idol group." I think there's some more personal reason for setting the bomb.

I do feel like the teacher was an accomplice in some way, but not the actual criminal.

I also believe this. Kanesaki is a brilliant inventor but also the person who invited D.D to the idol competition. If he was the bomber he wouldn't have made such a mistake as to inviting a famous dectective to the event. For this reason I rule him out as the bomber. Another item I never really took into account was the name of the series. Criminal idol implies that a single person acted and that person was an idol. Because the dectective has sort of ruled out the star blush girls I will also and that leaves us with a member of meteor. I don't have the evidence to point at any one of them specifically but I really think we are getting somewhere. They also have motive. If the current meteor members at the Time of the bombing were injured they would be forced out of the group, leaving it open for the three girls in it currently.