• Trying to learn Japanese? How about over 1000 words in 1 month? BSS.STUDIO/kanji

Rainy

rainy art sneak peek

Just now, Dacuddlywolf said:

Wow I'd like to go to college but I still have no idea what I would do.

I don't know either, I'm not in college but people are always asking "why not?"

But I think why so?

It's expensive and if you don't have a reason it's a lot of money and time that's wasted.

Just now, Rainy said:

nice, are you in uni/college as well?

No, I want to be a writer.

I don't think college is necessary for that.

Well, I am a writer just not a successful one.

I'm also on YouTube, but not very popular there either...I'll get better.

oh welp question answered a step too early

@Zion Mesa @Dacuddlywolf

haha its up to you 

I don't particularly like or dislike my major, I just chose it because it sounds easy to finish and there is a decent amount of job opportunities

I'm sure studying something you like can be fun

oh, yea 

I don't think you'd need to go to school for writing either

writing is a cool skill (that I don't possess haha)

these kinds of things require skill and luck

hopefully you can succeed in the future ^^

sometimes going to school and taking weird classes can really expand your horizon, but I suppose the internet does the same thing~

Just now, Rainy said:

oh welp question answered a step too early

@Zion Mesa @Dacuddlywolf

haha its up to you 

I don't particularly like or dislike my major, I just chose it because it sounds easy to finish and there is a decent amount of job opportunities

I'm sure studying something you like can be fun

Yeah, maybe I'll go one day.

But I kind of want to show people that you can thrive, without college and not for lack of opportunity. 

The world can make it seems as if there is only one option in any given area but that's not true.

Just now, Zion Mesa said:

Yeah, maybe I'll go one day.

But I kind of want to show people that you can thrive, without college and not for lack of opportunity. 

The world can make it seems as if there is only one option in any given area but that's not true.

yes I get you, the formula for success is not only one path

I suppose most people choose college just because it stably leads to that middle class life

Tho I personally think the most important thing is your attitude, with a good attitude, you can thrive in any environment 

Just now, Rainy said:

oh, yea 

I don't think you'd need to go to school for writing either

writing is a cool skill (that I don't possess haha)

these kinds of things require skill and luck

hopefully you can succeed in the future ^^

sometimes going to school and taking weird classes can really expand your horizon, but I suppose the internet does the same thing~

What would you do then if you didn't have to make a living?

What would you love to spend your life on?

Since you don't seem as though accounting is your passion.

@Zion Mesa

I would probably spend a lot of time learning and making artsy things

other than drawing, I also like piano/music/cinematography (those kinds of things)

yes, I definitely not passionate about accounting, I don't hate it either. People have to do things they don't like sometimes, and the degree is just one of those things that I have to do. Either that or med school, I don't have the patience to finish med school.

Just now, Rainy said:

yes I get you, the formula for success is not only one path

I suppose most people choose college just because it stably leads to that middle class life

Tho I personally think the most important thing is your attitude, with a good attitude, you can thrive in any environment 

Does it though?

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who went to college and are still struggling.

Or even if they are in middle class, they're miserable because they don't love their job. 

We are basically letting fear of failure dictate our decisions.

Instead of pursuing our passions.

Just now, Rainy said:

@Zion Mesa

I would probably spend a lot of time learning and making artsy things

other than drawing, I also like piano/music/cinematography (those kinds of things)

yes, I definitely not passionate about accounting, I don't hate it either. People have to do things they don't like sometimes, and the degree is just one of those things that I have to do. Either that or med school, I don't have the patience to finish med school.

You should go for it!

Even if it's just on the side you can do it.

You definately have skill.

You could make it as an artist!

Try looking at your youtube, that's evidence.

You have over 3000 subs despite your inconsistency in posting, people are willing to wait to see what you have to offer.

1 minute ago, Zion Mesa said:

You should go for it!

Even if it's just on the side you can do it.

You definately have skill.

You could make it as an artist!

Try looking at your youtube, that's evidence.

You have over 3000 subs despite your inconsistency in posting, people are willing to wait to see what you have to offer.

haha yes, I'm rethinking my career path these days

The original plan was to spend another 3 years getting the CPA licence after graduating uni

Depending on how it goes, I might just finish my degree and start doing art full time instead 

Just now, Rainy said:

haha yes, I'm rethinking my career path these days

The original plan was to spend another 3 years getting the CPA licence after graduating uni

Depending on how it goes, I might just finish my degree and start doing art full time instead 

Yes, Yes, Yes!

As an act of faith I just Subscribed to your channel.

Even though I normally don't if people rarely post.::D:

Just now, Zion Mesa said:

Yes, Yes, Yes!

As an act of faith I just Subscribed to your channel.

Even though I normally don't if people rarely post.::D:

haha I post a few times a year for sure

^^

I like to think of subscribers as someone who believes in what you do more then using it as a how many views I could possibly get counter.(Not everyone does it but some do)

Just now, Rainy said:

haha I post a few times a year for sure

^^

Haha...I'm slightly jealous!

I'm working my butt off trying to build a following and you're not even trying and you're doing so well.

I'f you tried you could maybe even get a career going on over there. Have you tried monetization?

12 minutes ago, Zion Mesa said:

Does it though?

I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who went to college and are still struggling.

Or even if they are in middle class, they're miserable because they don't love their job. 

We are basically letting fear of failure dictate our decisions.

Instead of pursuing our passions.

this is a good point

I don't mean college guarantee success, just the percentage of success increases. Also, to be fair, it also depends on what you study, how reputable your school is, job market, etc

I also think a degree today means nothing to employers since the value for degree is inflated. 

Pursuing passion is great, but sometimes people don't have the luxury to pursue their passion for a living. Many people are simply scared of the uncertain future, I don't blame them.

I'm just speaking at a realistic perspective. 

However, I don't think people should ever stop doing what makes them happy, even if it's just a hobby, you never know what might happen in the future, what kinds of golden opportunity may arise. 

Just now, Dacuddlywolf said:

I like to think of subscribers as someone who believes in what you do more then using it as a how many views I could possibly get counter.(Not everyone does it but some do)

I agree entirely!

That's why I'm still unable to express how happy I am that Static-p Subscribed to me!

1 minute ago, Zion Mesa said:

Haha...I'm slightly jealous!

I'm working my butt off trying to build a following and you're not even trying and you're doing so well.

I'f you tried you could maybe even get a career going on over there. Have you tried monetization?

lol actually funny story

I used to be very unpopular even though I tried to gather a following too, (I still am, but a bit better now)

I really have to thank Static for everything, without him, I wouldn't be here right now

Also I never monetized haha, I heard for every 1k views, you get around 1-2$, so I don't think it is worth it for my channel 

Just now, Rainy said:

this is a good point

I don't mean college guarantee success, just the percentage of success increases. Also, to be fair, it also depends on what you study, how reputable your school is, job market, etc

I also think a degree today means nothing to employers since the value for degree is inflated. 

Pursuing passion is great, but sometimes people don't have the luxury to pursue their passion for a living. Many people are simply scared of the uncertain future, I don't blame them.

I'm just speaking at a realistic perspective. 

However, I don't think people should ever stop doing what makes them happy, even if it's just a hobby, you never know what might happen in the future, what kinds of golden opportunity may arise. 

Mmhm!

I'm just saying that you have a lot to offer the world and it'd be a shame if you were stuck as an accountant somewhere not hating or loving your life.

I don't want a mediocre life.

I spent my whole childhood hiding, and accepting mediocrity because I was afraid of failure.

Just now, Rainy said:

lol actually funny story

I used to be very unpopular even though I tried to gather a following too, (I still am, but a bit better now)

I really have to thank Static for everything, without him, I wouldn't be here right now

Also I never monetized haha, I heard for every 1k views, you get around 1-2$, so I don't think it is worth it for my channel 

True, but it'll eventually add up. Plus if you're successful people can offer sponsorships and there is always the option of fan funding say if you set up a Patreon account of something.