Sign in to follow this  
Princess_Yellow

Anonymous - Sudden Confession

Today, I discovered I was messaged something on the website.
When I checked it, it was from someone who I had seen their name before, but we had never really talked.

By the time I finished I was really shocked. They were like, Hey, I wanted to tell you something. I think that we are meant to be together, to cut straight to the point. They then talked about their belief in Tarot cards and how they had been sent signs being told that they would find their soulmate soon and that they suspected that I was that soulmate. They then went on to talk about what they wanted in a relationship, which was finding someone whom they could trust and talk to without fear of abandonment or judgement, and they wanted to start a family together. 
They continued saying they saw these qualities in me and while they recognized that this "might be" scary, or intimidating, but they couldn't wait any longer. "I'm tired of being alone, of being stuck. I'm ready for my love to move forward, hopefully with you in it."

Since I had not seen it yet, I had not responded and they sent two more messages. One was asking for my thoughts and the other was responding more impatiently saying "Just in case you're curious, yes I do still love you and no I haven't moved on. The wait here is killing me, so could you please give me an answer?" alongside a YouTube video with a love song.

I know that for me I don't want to have that type of relationship and I only just saw this today. But I have no idea how to respond properly.
Please help me, I know my answer will probably hurt them, but I want to do it in a loving way instead of my initial reaction which was "Huh? Who are you?"

Sincerely, Anonymous

oh boy, this is a tough one! I have very little experience in "matters of the heart" but it's plane to see that this interaction is uncomfortable to you. Just remember that you are under no obligation to be in an uncomfortable spot and that you don't owe this person anything. Personally I think they are being inappropriate and should not have come on so strong it always puts people on edge.