Well I fell of my mood swing and it took me a while to get back up but here is my inktober submission.

Again as always sorry for the bad handwriting

IMG_20191017_225830852.jpg

Inktober day 18 -  Misfit

I know I'm more of a musician than an artist but I draw a tiny bit (keyword tiny). I decided to focus on Cole from Criminal Idol, how he's both generally a social misfit but also a misfit in the idol group.

Don't fall asleep in the clubroom ❤️

IMG_20191018_230253.jpg

• Like 2

Day 18, Misfit

so for this theme, i once again jumped back into the musical theater genre and covered Michael in the Bathroom from the musical Be More Chill. my character is Michael and he is feeling lonely while being at a a party filled with people, but he feels like it's best to lock himself in the bathroom away from everyone else because he sees himself as a loser after just fighting with his best friend who abandoned him. 

I once again created and did a guitar duet with myself to make the instrumental, and i also did the vocals.

michael_in_the_bathroom.mp3

• Like 2

Inktober 21

For once it isn't my handwriting just my words

Honestly I feel hurt whenever I hear stuff like that. How could I be the first person to point out your greatness. How could no one else see this treasure of a person. I am not just saying things. I just can't believe that some people can go there entire lives without seeing the greatness in at least themselves.

I would have turned in something written but I feel as though this line I had while conversing with a friend is stronger than anything I would have written

Day 22: ghost

For this theme, i once again went to musical theater genre and did a vocal cover with guitar accompaniment. i covered the first verse from the main theme of Phantom Of the Opera.  

Day 23: ancient 

For this theme, i attempted a Japanese vocal cover to the anime opening of The Ancient Magus Bride. This was definitely a challenge for me because i only speak English and Spanish, so i just jumped into the deep end of the pool and decided to attempt pronouncing Japaneses with 4 hours of practice and record myself.  

ancent_magus_bride_Op_full.mp3

Day 25, tasty

For this theme, i went overboard and worked on this for 2 days. i did A vocal Cover of Starbucks vampire and even created a music video to go with it. i tried to upload the video on the website but the file was too large, so i have it on YouTube. i did this song because starbucks is a bakery that has tasty drinks and sweets. 

Inktober day 31 - Ripe

As Inktober approaches its end I'm uploading a strophic instrumental I wrote - I almost exclusively write for orchestra on Cubase but I've strayed back to Ableton briefly to try to write something rocky/poppy.

Ripe because - get this - as a composer I'm at a ripe age for learning as many new styles as possible! Eh? Eh? Look I have no idea what this has got to do with ripe but it took a long time and I won't be stopped by the irrelevance of the word ripe. Just pretend the song is called ripe or something.

Enjoy ^^

Puppet_Strings.mp3

Edited by Monkerstar
  • Like 1

Inktober day 31 - ripe

Okay I've had 7 hours since my last shenanigans trying to figure out anything to do with the word ripe and I've got nothing.

Why ripe, Joe?

Anyway I think I've talked enough about the prompt word so here I've drawn something in a fantasy(ish?) style - Detective Detective looking more like royalty than a detective and Cole as a travelling minstrel.

Fantasy Cole.jpg

Fantasy Detective Detective.jpg