Day 7: Enchanted 

Once again keeping up with this musical theater theme, i jumped back into Shrek The Musical and did a vocal cover of Who i'd be. My character is Shrek and he is telling donkey about who he would like to be if he wasn't an ogre. The reason why i chose this song is for lyrical reasons. The lyric being "So yes i'd be a hero, and if my wish were granted, life would be enchanting, for so the stories say" 

Who_I'd_be_cover.mp3

• Like 1

Guys! This are amazing! I am so grateful for each one of you who is posting and I'm sorry that I haven't had time to go through them all, but rest assured I will. 

A bit of a note, there is coming maintenance this weekend. Please continue to create your art and works, and post them when the server comes back on line. The fact that they are not posted on the right day will not be penalized for these next few days for that reason.  

Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Inktober Day 11: Snow

Fluttering softly to the ground
Snow is falling all around
Icy crystals fill the air
Now’s the season where we care
Children laugh and roll the snow
Bundled against the chill wind blow
Like a piece of shattered glass
Snow is piled in a mass
Skaters and sledders all filled with joy
This snow is a gift like a Christmas toy
Icicles hang from all the shingles
People are singing Christmas jingles
Oh what a wonderful world of white
Now is the time to be a light
Be a snowflake soft and kind
Spreading happiness, guiding the blind
Beautiful crystals, lovely ice
Shining bright and being nice
Snow is dancing through the town
Taking away the slightest frown

• Like 2

Day 12: Dragon 

As a huge fan of the video game Skyrim, i vocally covered the main theme which is "Dragon born" while sight reading chords to accompany myself. also because I am a dragon born warrior! DRAGON BORN!!! 

dragonborn.MOV 

Day 13: Ash

For this theme, i vocally covered the second verse of "Beauty from Pain" from Superchick while accompanying myself on guitar. One of the lyrics are "and see how you make beauty from ashes". 

Edited by annaports
was told video file wasn't working, so uploaded it again

Day 12 Dragon

Azsorian myth of the Dragon Slayer

As it was once told to the young, Azsor, the land of the ancients, was once filled with dragons of all shapes and sizes. The iridescent scales shone in the light of the sun. That lasted for eons until a certain human came into power and people started killing dragons for fame.
He was known to the humans as Ezor, the Dragon Slayer.  But any dragon who had met him realized he was not a threat.
Once as a young dragon, I was almost his victim. As I was flying down I had cut my wing on a branch. And as if he was just waiting for me, Ezor decided to pounce. But his attacks were weak. I had managed to chase him off.
Some time later, after I had fully healed, I found another dragon, dying of old age, fighting off Ezor.
I grabbed Ezor up with my claws and flew to the nearest cliff and dropped him to his death.
Humans never learned of his demise but no more stories of his heroics were heard throughout the land. But slowly the dragon slaying died down. 

• Like 1

Inktober Day 15: Legend

Rising higher, seeking fame
Burning fire, never tame
I am legend, watch me fly
Soaring up into the sky
Mocking, taunting, looking down
Finding pleasure in the frown
I am legend, you can’t beat
Sitting down upon my seat
Laughing at a pleasing look
My life’s captured in a book
I am legend, you are leech
Pitiful people, trying to reach
Yet upon a fateful day
Evil words I heard you say
“I am legend, so are you
Life can change with just a view
Please be kind to those around
Lift them up and off the ground
I am legend in my life
I won’t add to others’ strife
Watch your story, you will see
Others have a memory”
I am legend, now I know
No one’s ever truly below
Cruel ways will come to end
Shout it out, we are legend 

• Like 2

It's Monkerstar! Inktober day 15, legend!

I originally wrote this short instrumental as a theme for Tanabata Seitarou from Nanbaka (see my profile picture :D) but I've totally rewritten in with new software and new sound libraries and a massively extended string section to be more mysterious and exciting, perhaps representing something that has fallen deep into the fleeting visage of legend?

Star_Boy.mp3

• Like 1

Day 15: Legend

For this theme, i decided to do a guitar duet with myself and cover the main theme from Legend of Zelda. I followed piano sheet music that i found online and though i'm not happy with the quality of this, i am proud that i pushed myself to assemble a somewhat decent chamber piece with only giving myself an hour to learn the parts and record. 

legend of zelda theme guitar cover.mp3

• Like 1

Day 16: Wild

2 years ago my friend and i made a classical guitar duet arrangement to the song Exploration, from the movie Coraline. I played chords while my friend played the melody. in the original soundtrack, most people think the language of the song is french due to the accent of some words, but as my friend and i did research, we found out that the song was gibberish, and that there was suppose to be no real meaning to the words. And we thought that was wild and crazy. 

So remembering that shocking discovery, i tried my best to learn the gibberish and i vocally covered the arrangement my friend and i made.