It's been awhile...

Hello. It's been years and years (nearing 10) since I've been apart of an active forum so I'm still trying to adjust. 

My name is Keaton (named after Michael Keaton aka Batman). I am a 28 year old female with a fantastic daughter named Evelynn, or Evee for short. Yes, like the pokemon. Have the tattoo and everything. Recently got out of a very very abusive relationship which could be why I'm so reluctant to branch out to anyone or to anywhere. Aside from that trama, I suffer extreme anxieties and ptsd due to a car accident back in 2017. Brakes failed and I got sent into a tree. Broke my back very badly and was paralyzed from the waist down...had zero chance of ever even thinking about feeling anything. However, I am very stubborn and, apparently, very resilient because I'm walking again. So, I do have that going for me at least. I am classified as a walking paraplegic now. It helps get me through the day. 

With that, however, comes the issues of reaching out and trying to connect with anyone. I'm still working on my recovery...so that means I'm unable to work or do so many things I'd been dreaming of. 

And that's how I found this forum. My days consist of taking care of my Evee with her schooling, reading, writing, and music. I just happened to hear one of Static's songs on Pandora radio. I literally stopped what I was doing without even realizing it. It was something new and exciting. It was moving and sweet. I smiled and felt happy. And those feelings led me here and to the YouTube channels. 

I am very much looking forward to future and I'm pleased to have found all of you. I'm sorry for the long winded introduction but I'm happy to share part of myself again with such a group. 

With warm wishes and a happy future, 

Keaton 

• Like 5
  • Members

Hooooooooooooiiiiii Keaton,

I want to warmly welcome you to the BSS Community!

I'm part of this community for far more than one year and I can tell you, that the people here are without a doubt among the most wholesome and friendly people I have ever met.

I hope you will feel like home in here pretty soon and find many new people to talk with.

If you have any questions, you can ask me and I will do my best to answer (or you ask one of the mods/admins that may have more knowledge ^^')

Sincerely, Drachi

Heyya Keaton!

I would say that I empathize with you in a way, but your experience with life has obviously been very tragic. I hope you find that this community is somewhat an escape from the tragedies of your past and that you can move on from all the tragedy in your past soon. Anyways, I agree with Drachi because everyone I've met on here so far has been so kind. Pokemon are amazing, by the way. I've had a binder filled with Pokemon cards since I was eight or so (I still have it under my dresser and it's way too full). I feel like I'm saying way too much and I should probably be working on my *three* projects due Friday right now. Alright, I'll go now.

~Chicken

11 hours ago, Chickenhayl said:

Heyya Keaton!

I would say that I empathize with you in a way, but your experience with life has obviously been very tragic. I hope you find that this community is somewhat an escape from the tragedies of your past and that you can move on from all the tragedy in your past soon. Anyways, I agree with Drachi because everyone I've met on here so far has been so kind. Pokemon are amazing, by the way. I've had a binder filled with Pokemon cards since I was eight or so (I still have it under my dresser and it's way too full). I feel like I'm saying way too much and I should probably be working on my *three* projects due Friday right now. Alright, I'll go now.

~Chicken

No two situations are alike. Just as people react differently to each thing. I greatly appreciate your concern. Though I would only say that I don't find things to be tragic! It's my life basically. I really have no real choice but to deal with it as it comes. I take my victories, getting out of situations, walking again and all that. Being proud of all I can do and will do! ^_^ 

Never talking too much! How else do you gain friends? Thank you so much for sharing with me. Pokemon is very much fantastic. My little one is super into it now. Muhahaha I'm raising the next pokemon master ;)

I wish you luck with your projects! :D

~Keaton

14 hours ago, Drachi said:

Hooooooooooooiiiiii Keaton,

I want to warmly welcome you to the BSS Community!

I'm part of this community for far more than one year and I can tell you, that the people here are without a doubt among the most wholesome and friendly people I have ever met.

I hope you will feel like home in here pretty soon and find many new people to talk with.

If you have any questions, you can ask me and I will do my best to answer (or you ask one of the mods/admins that may have more knowledge ^^')

Sincerely, Drachi

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am very much looking forward to the days ahead with this group! I will definitely ask away the moment I am curious of something !

~Keaton 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the good wishes on my projects! I hope you raise an amazing Pokemon master. Just give them one card before school and somehow they'll trade it for like fifty (which is what I did when I was about seven~ we had a green grass Pokemon and I have no idea who it was. My brother found it somewhere and then traded it for a legendary and we got way too many Pokemon from that).

Anyways, how's Pokemon master training going?

~Chicken

10 hours ago, Chickenhayl said:

Thanks for the good wishes on my projects! I hope you raise an amazing Pokemon master. Just give them one card before school and somehow they'll trade it for like fifty (which is what I did when I was about seven~ we had a green grass Pokemon and I have no idea who it was. My brother found it somewhere and then traded it for a legendary and we got way too many Pokemon from that).

Anyways, how's Pokemon master training going?

~Chicken

If I knew it would work that way I certainly would. But now a days they aren't allowed to even bring anything to school anymore. Tsk. It kinda takes away from the experience some. It's really sad. But! She's being trained well. haha, my cats are her practice. :P

~Keaton

Darn it, schools. Let us take Pokemon cards to school! What is the harm in literal pieces of cardboard that were printed on?

That's upsetting

Question though: How do you train to be a Pokemon master on a cat? I would love to know so I can do that with my bird 😂

Also, have you ever watched anime? 

If you couldn't tell, I have.

Too much (actually, there can never be too much anime).

1 hour ago, Chickenhayl said:

Darn it, schools. Let us take Pokemon cards to school! What is the harm in literal pieces of cardboard that were printed on?

That's upsetting

Question though: How do you train to be a Pokemon master on a cat? I would love to know so I can do that with my bird 😂

Also, have you ever watched anime? 

If you couldn't tell, I have.

Too much (actually, there can never be too much anime).

Haha yes. I watch plenty of anime. I have my little started too. Just natural i suppose. 

And she's trying to get the cats to do certain moves and what not. It's moderately hilarious honestly. She'll try and talk to them and such. She's at that age where she's just waiting for them to be able to talk back. Granted, her cat, Karma, sounds like a Pokemon haha. It's great. 

And schools really have gotten much stricter. It's really sad to see how much children are stifled. 

I hope you have a fabulous day!

~Keaton 

I'm currently watching Hunter X Hunter (not for children~ don't let your little watch this!)

A good anime for kids would have to be Little Witch Academia (I had my nine-year-old sister watch it and we're already halfway through (although my parents decided that anime was "bad" and told me that we couldn't watch it (clearly I'm still watching it).

Anyways, how's your day going?

~Chicken

She has watched a little bit of hunter x hunter (the cleaner episodes of course) but we haven't tried Little Witch Academia! We will have to give that a try. Thank you for your suggestion! 

And things are just getting so much better. Thank you for asking ^_^

I hope your days are going wonderful and your projects are going well :D

~Keaton

I finished my projects (luckily) and thank god it was the clean episodes. There are a few questionable episodes, meaning HISOKA IS INAPPROPRIATE. 

I'm almost done with Hunter X Hunter and it's so upsetting but exciting because they can't end it here. Anyways, that's good that things are getting better.

Little Witch Academia is somewhat a Harry Potter anime (for little kids), but it's also not. It's basically what it's called, but the main character, Akko, can't use magic without a huge deal of effort. I found it really good (which is sad, because I'm definitely not a little kid). 

I'm trying to think of some good kid-friendly animes at the moment, but I'm drawing a blank. If she was old enough, I would suggest the Seven Deadly SIns (but it has a lot of perversion in it, sooooo...). Basically, it's an anime about this group of people who have been apart for a decade and Elizabeth, a random character, finds Meliodas, the captain of that group. Meliodas is *ahem* extremely perverted, so having him find a random girl passed out in his tavern was NOT child-friendly.

Maybe Fairy Tale is child-friendly? I'm literally about to start watching it after I finish the last three episodes of Hunter X Hunter, so I'll be able to let you know if the first few episodes are child-friendly. 

Some episodes of Saiki K are very child-friendly, but there is a perverted character that messes that up quite a bit.

Oh, there's also The Devil is a Part-TImer! That was really good and there was hardly anything inappropriate in that!

Okay, I'm going to go now. I'll let you know if I remember any child-friendly animes!

~Chicken

We're all weebs over here :no1:

I just went to the library last night and I feel like they're judging me because I put a bunch of different mangas on hold (also I asked them if anything had come in yet since I had put some on hold over two months ago and they went, "oh looks like you've got quite a few things on hold". I died and said yes).

I've only watched two and a half episodes of Fairy Tale and so far it seems like the Seven Deadly Sins in a way. It's also perverted so I'd say probably don't let a kid watch this.

I've watched plenty of Fairy Tail and some of Seven Deadly Sins. She has watched little of both. As it stands, I don't let her really watch much anime alone. I like to screen it first basically. Like she watches some Dragon Ball with me and such. She is all good to watch Sailor Moon and such like that alone though. It's a lot easier for her to watch things WITH me because then I can just cover her face or ears and what not. It's just a nice bonding experience we have. However! Joey, (seft) I hadn't considered RWBY. I've seen some of it and loved it. But that was waaaaaaay back when. Like when Rooster Teeth first started teasing people with the introductions to the characters. Which was like 2012 maybe? I dunno. But the suggestions are very much appreciated. It's quite nice to have this conversation. ^_^ Makes for a much better time. So thank yall for that. 

Hoping you all have a wonderful day! 

~Keaton

• Like 1

Fairy Tail is amazing (I have a problem; I'm already on the tenth episode or something).

A good show (other than one episode with something inappropriate in it) is Hi-Score Girl. They have it on Netflix, but Netflix takes a hella long time to release new episodes of any anime, which is disappointing. Conversations are nice, especially if you don't need to use your voice because I have social anxiety and ADD, which makes it really hard to talk to other people that I don't know (or people that I just dislike in general).

Also, do NOT watch The Irregular At Magic High School, it is VERY inappropriate and the main characters, who are siblings, seem to like each other in a more-than-sibling type of way. I never finished that because of the weird vibes I got off of it, but from what I heard, the siblings start dating and... yeah, stuff happens.

Anyways, I have class in about five minutes so I should go.

~Chicken

Fairy Tail gets so much better. I will look at Hi-Score girl That's a new one to me actually. Conversations are very nice ^_^. It's easier to do so in this method more often than not. If you ever want to talk about anything, I am more than happy to try and help you through figuring things out. My DM's are always open. 

hahhaha I have already watched The Irregular At Magic High School. She is FOR SURE not watching that for awhile. 

Hope your classes are going well and that you had a great day! 

~Keaton

• Thanks 1

I did have a very nice day and a VERY busy weekend. We rearranged rooms (meaning that my sister and I swapped rooms with my brother after getting loft beds and desks). There was a lot of heavy furniture moving, but now I have an excuse to be exhausted today (rather than me saying, "Oh, I binge-watched Fairy Tail last night, going from episode 16 to episode 20 before I decided that I should go to sleep (which is what I did)."

I'm turning my sister into an otaku and it's great! We're going to watch The Devil is a Part-Timer today because I finally got the manga and she liked the first half of the first manga, so I'm going to turn her into an otaku for sure. There's also an anime called Fate Stay Night (and whatever else came after that), but I'm not sure how appropriate that is since it was the second anime  I ever watched. (As I typed the 'I' right there, I accidentally started editing the elements and stuff, whoops)

I should probably do my (totally completed) math homework before fourth period.

~Chicken

The Devil is a Part-Timer is fantastic. 10/10. And yes. Fate has a few good ones. I've only seen a little bit though. You should send me a list of some of things you've seen and I'll see if I have any suggestions for you and your sister! ^_^

Sorry for the short and late reply. I hope you are doing very well! ❤️

~Keaton

I'll send the list of things that I've seen and then a list that she's seen (meaning the ones we're still watching). It's fine (the short and late reply). If I was a normal person, I probably wouldn't be here so often, but I'm not, so yeah.

Let me open another reply so I can copy the list from a different chat.

~Chicken

The list of animes I've watched:

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K, Ouran High Host Club, The Lost Song, The Devil is a Part-Timer, SAO, GGO, Little Witch Academia, The Seven Deadly Sins, Attack on Titan, Your Lie in April, Death Note, Hi-Score Girl, Kakegurui (still unsure if I liked this or was weirded out. It's going on the list anyway!), Vampire Knight, Fate Stay Night, Violet Evergarden, Durarara, Back Street Girls, Sirius the Jaeger, Sword Gai, Hunter X Hunter, and (what I'm currently on the 25th episode of) Fairy Tail.

The list of what my sister and I are watching together at the moment:

Little Witch Academia and The Devil is a Part-Timer.

I'm technically not supposed to be watching anime at the moment because according to my mom's logic "it makes (my brother) violent." First of all, why am involved in this?! Second, no, he's always been a violent person. Basically, this is why my sister and I haven't been able to finish an anime series yet. We're on the second season of Little Witch Academia and the first episode of The Devil is a Part-TImer.

~Chicken

Alrighty then. Well you have seen some pretty good ones. That's good at least. It's really cute that you and your sister are bonding over anime though. I got my little sister to watch with me growing up some. Now i do so with my little (as you know). I'm not entirely sure where your mother's logic comes into play, but my mother was the same when I was growing up. Just keep at what you enjoy when it comes to such things. I'll dm you a link to one of my accounts so you can browse through what I've seen and such. You can ask me anything you are curious about if you'd like to as well. ❤️

Do want to comment on what you deem to be a "normal" person though. I haven't seen anything that told me you weren't. Even then, a little flair and difference from the norm makes for a more interesting of person .

Enjoy your day!

~Keaton

Oh, for me, a "normal person" doesn't spend all day reading, playing video games, and avoiding social interactions. Those are some things I do, so I basically have social anxiety and I'm an introvert. They are pretty good animes, though. And thanks for the dm, although I didn't check for it yet.

I'll go check the dm now.

~Chicken

I sooooo forgot to DM you think link -_- sorry haha

And your version of normal seems to be pretty consistent with most people nowadays. Don't worry so much about the"normalcy". My PTSD prevents me from a lot of things. Reaching out in networks such as this helps. I think you are fine. So no worries yea?

~Keaton