Ryan Seewald 【Static-P】

Can you guess the bomber!?

Posted (edited)

So far, I’ve narrowed it down to a few suspects...

The first, Detective Detective. At first, It was based on “maybe he did this trying to catch someone?” As said in Idol Bombing, they couldn’t find anything else other than the dynamite and its original place. We know they checked cameras, so there was recording footage but without any evidence. I could only think of two people skilled enough to clean up almost all of their tracks. The teacher and Detective Detective. In your earliest video, Stay Calm, Nori had pointed out something when he was speaking to Detective Detective. He asked the detective why he needed to ask him if he already knew who did it. I knew Detective Detective was hiding something when his expression was shown.

Suspect number 2, the teacher. I already pointed out that he could clean up his tracks too, but someone commented on the video, Idol Bombing, about the bomber’s eye color being the same as the teacher’s and the teacher having access to baggage:image.thumb.png.ae5b66adda4038de8524143b785cccec.png45BE4F01-AEE1-4396-99F3-29A46DB7C3EB.thumb.jpeg.c7dab5717b389f92bfa12da1b7c6322a.jpegAlso, in Idol Bombing, Detective Detective said “If someone slipped them the bomb”. As far as we know, the closest one to the Star Blush Girls are themselves and their teacher. Maybe he slipped them the bomb? Another piece of crucial evidence in that video is when the teacher said “I was there when it happened, no one saw it get planted.” Interesting choice of words, right? He was there when what happened? Does he mean he saw who the bomber was? Did he not tell anyone because he was either threatened or no one would believe him? In the video I’m Sorry, the teacher let the Star Blush Girls and Detective Detective take a vacation at some sort of sea side house. He then came in later with the idol group Meteor and their teacher. Detective Detective told the Star Blush Girls that Meteor “gave their alibi”. I know that the teacher wants to help out Aka Sensei, Meteor’s teacher, probably because she’s new. If Kanesaki Hyudou, the Star Blush Girl’s teacher, actually knew they were coming here, (yes, I know he says “sorry, I forgot you were coming here. I guess it slipped my mind”), and he knows that Meteor “gave their alibi”, why’d he bring Meteor here? Is he trying to stir up trouble? And on top of all of that, Kanesaki Hyudou is great friends with Detective Detective. So did Detective Detective tell the Star Blush Girls about Meteor on purpose? Did Kanesaki bring both idol groups here on purpose as well? Was this all planned out from the start?

Suspect number three and four, Nori and Hareka. According to the information we were given in When the Darkness Comes, Nori likes the underdog to win. He’s also the event manager. That means he also had access to backstage. We know he’s in jail because it shows him there in Stay Calm. We know that he was holding Hareka hostage, but for what purpose? I would say that Hareka is the Star Blush Girl’s leader or team captain. Was Nori trying to get Hareka to drop out of the Idol Competition? Was he unsuccessful? I’m pretty sure Nori was unsuccessful if he did want Hareka to drop out. Is that the reason the bomb went off? Because someone was either threatened, desperate, or angry? Does that mean Hareka bombed the stage? I’m not positive, but it’s possible.

In conclusion: I think that the teacher knows more than he’s letting on. I’m positive Detective Detective also knows more than he’s letting on. I’m also certain that Nori was the cause of the bombing, but probably not the bomber. There’s something odd about Nori that I can’t really put my finger on. The teacher is secretly trying to do something, but I don’t know what.

Based on my information, I think there were three bombers. That would be Detective Detective, Kanesaki Hyudou, and Nori. The more I think about it, the more certain I become. Here’s how it could have gone:

Kanesaki puts the bomb in one of his bags and places it with the rest of the group’s luggage, before the competition starts. The second to last event starts and Kanesaki heads backstage with the bomb when the Star Blush Girls are onstage. He is confronted with a security guard and tells him/her that he was going to drop this off. The guard lets him in and Kanesaki heads to the back. He sets the dynamite up and hides out of sight with the ignition. Before the Meteor group can head offstage, Kanesaki notices the guard heading his way and ignites the dynamite in a futile struggle. Detective Detective hears the blast and notices Kanesaki brushing off soot as he came back in a rush. Detective Detective confronts Kanesaki and the teacher tells him he had to set off the bomb because Nori threatened he’d hurt his sister. Detective Detective was doubtful, but decided to play along with Kanesaki. Later on, Nori threatens the two once more, telling them to not tell a soul. But this time, he threatens to endanger Meteor and the Star Blush Girls. So they decide to keep both groups together at a safe place. They decided to send them on vacation and have Kanesaki invite Meteor over. Detective Detective tells the girls about Meteor in hopes they would get along. Eventually, they finally manage to put Nori in jail. Detective Detective visits Nori later on because he’s trying to figure out why Nori wanted to bomb the stage. He hopes that Nori could tell him, but Nori doesn’t want to cooperate.

I saw someone say “Nori has a sister named Aka”. So I can say that Nori bombed the stage because something happened between Nori and Aka. We know that Meteor’s new teacher is named Aka Sensei and we know Nori has a sister named Aka. I don’t think it was just coincidence that his sister has the same first name as Aka Sensei, that’s not how it works when making a movie or series. I know this because I’ve watched many shows on TV and some on YouTube that have characters with similar or the same names. It almost always ends up with them being the same character. Focusing back in, I believe that Nori’s sister is Aka Sensei. 

Case closed ✌️

WAIT! I HAVE MORE INFO THAT’S MAKING ME CHANGE MY THOUGHTS ON DD!!!

I proclaim DD guilty!

First off... The bad guys with masks on kidnapped Detective Detective for a reason. But when Detective Detective escaped and the limo came back, the bad guys gave Detective Detective a ride back home. Why?

Secondly... “He saw my limo. Yes that was my limo!” and “I saw the limo, coming back!” feels a little odd. We know that the bad guys drove the limo and we know that the limo is Detective Detective’s. So is Detective Detective good or evil? Was he the bad guys’ undercover teammate?

Also... “One culprit is amongst us, the rest, at that bank...” Who’s the single culprit among the crowd? Could it be Detective Detective since he appears like he’s on the bad guys’ side? Or is it the person who gave Detective Detective the clue. The one who saw his limo. Was he the single culprit?

And finally... What happened to the bad guys at the bank? Were they caught? Did they escape?

Now, we know that DD has known who the bomber is according to Nori in “Stay Calm”, but DD is keeping his mouth shut. What exactly is he hiding?

From my perspective, when DD came to talk to Nori in “Stay Calm” it looked like Nori was not happy to see DD again.

Looking back at my original answer, I’m now doubting it was Nori since he’s been in jail.

I’m most certain that the teacher DID make the bomb, but I don’t think he used it.

As for DD... if you think about, he’s always “one step in front”. If he were to be the bomber, he’d be very well hidden since he’s the detective and is “On the case”.

Now thinking about it, the scene in the video “Detective Detective” where he cackles and then says “yeah...” is really odd. Like everything, I’m looking too deep into this... I don’t know how to explain why I think the cackle sounds odd. Think about what an evil person’s laugh sounds like and compare that to DD’s cackle. You may get it, you might not.

I have more evidence of DD being guilty than any of the other three.

And if you want to know why I’ve left the idols and Cole (cause he’s not an idol) is because...

ONE! I don’t wanna admit any of them guilty ;-;

TWO! The idols wouldn’t want bomb the stage cause it would ruin their reputation if they did and they’ll be using it to sing for everyone.

THREE! Cole is occupied with writing songs for the SBG so he would most likely not have enough time to set up and use the bomb.

FOUR! Cole has asked DD three times in “Dream On” if he thought the SBG we’re guilty. “Do you think that they are guilty?” and “There is no way that they are guilty!” Are the two lines I can remember to give an example.

FIVE! The SBG are being blamed and according to Aoke in “Reason For Suffering”, they have no idea how they became idolized so quickly. The reason they were was probably cause someone made a pact with the bomber(s) in exchange for idolization. So we know that they couldn’t have done it. It “Offered a gig that led to fame!”

SIX! It would be pointless to make a whole series on trying to find the bomber(s) with the hands of SBG’s reputation on the line if the SBG were indeed the bombers in the end.

im done now ;-;

Edited by RositheCat
A CHANGE IN THINKING!! NEW ACCUSATION BEING MADE!

Wow, you've put a lot of time into this ^^ - but all I can say is that in Stay Calm, Nori says "I saw the news in jail, someone bombed their stage" so he was already in jail at the time of the bombing. And yes, DD and Kanesaki both know more than they're letting on.

Ponder this - in Bad News (told from Hareka's perspective) Nori is unambiguously the good guy, and yet when DD visits him in jail, (from his own perspective) Nori is the antagonist... Right?

And a fun fact, Kanesaki's sister is called Akane

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2018 at 10:29 PM, Aurum said:

[Supposed to be quoting slightlyaboveaveragejoe's analysis of Episode 1]

I have seen such analysis of Episode 1 on youtube as well, and while I see your point, I have to disagree with your analysis. The lines actually make a lot of sense if you consider that it was the cops who robbed the bank. First of all, how would a culprit be at the site still without being caught and why hide the money in a police car? Perhaps the culprit left behind was the police who drove the car with the money. This explains the second robbery acting as an alibi, as the cops who performed the robbery (the one hiding the money would have arrived with the other cops to aviod suspicion and better conceal the money) wouldn't have been able to have responded to their own robbery, as the response time would be suspicious. Instead, by creating another robbery, the cops who commited the robbery could use the fact they were at the second robbery's scene as an alibi "proving" their innocence. As for the rock and hair clip - a rock used to break a window would allow a person to easily reach through and open the window, allowing entry into a building. Being in the building wouldn't make them suspicious, as they are cops. And for locked doors they brought a hair clip, which can be used to pick locks (depending on the clip).

(Probably wrong place to post this but IDK where else to put it. Don't know if I'm overlooking something, but I have not seen people considering the cops as a potential culprit and it makes sense, so I wanted to share this theory)

I can explain the hair clip! If you look at the lyrics in the description of the song “Life Might Take Us” and scroll down to where one of the girls say “wait!”, you’ll see that it was “Hareka with the flower hair-clip” who said that. So it is possible that this could be a hint of some sort.

I can see it as this: Nori is one of the criminals. According to the song, Detective Detective says “one culprit is amongst us, the rest, at that bank”. That single culprit is Nori. In the song “Stay Calm”, it shows us that Nori has Hareka hostage and Hareka has the flower hair clip in her hair at the time. And we also know that Nori is in jail. I feel like it’s also important to note that Nori is inmate 40121. Can’t leave a stone unturned!

On 7/16/2019 at 1:52 PM, slightlyaboveaveragejoe said:

I think I would avoid putting stock into rankings on the videos. I think they are cool visual clues, but I don't think that you want to rely on them too much. 

While I agree that Morime is suspicious I wouldn't say that CTAPMB is from her perspective. It's more likely that she was just taking the message from the note seriously. 

Perhaps it would be advisable to relisten to the songs without the music. The vocals are written by the architect of the bombing himself. Perhaps the clues reside there? 

What’s CTAPMB?

Posted (edited)

Things me and other people have recognized:

The bomber’s silhouette has a red eye color just like Kanesaki Hyudou 

Nori’s inmate number is 40121

Before Static actually starts singing the song “When The Darkness Comes”, there are exactly 8 footprints that aren’t the detective’s. 4 are faded and 4 are solid. We are told that there were 8 members of the SBG and 4 left, which represents the 4 faded footprints, leaving SBG with 4 members, which represent the 4 solid footprints.

The footprint design matches the character’s personality in “When the Darkness Comes”

In “Detective Detective”, DD woke up and couldn’t see or move, and the vehicle is later described as a limo. Towards the end of the video, DD says that the limo was his.

In “Idol Bombing” after we hear “sounded like someone lighting a match”, a ticking noise can be heard before the stage blew up.

The Meteor group shown in “When the Darkness Comes” is not the original Meteor.

The SBG’s ages are all 17 years old.

In “Stay Calm” when Hareka calls the police, we can see the police station’s name as “Sakurugawa Police”.

At the end of CTAPMB, Morime and Hareka can be seen exchanging a ring

The letters in CTAPMB were collected in an order that spelled GRIN.

In “Dream On”, Hareka is sitting up against a door, which is probably where Cole and DD are having their conversation.

When the chorus starts in “No One’s in this Alone”, there’s a man standing upside down somewhere in the line of people.

Edited by RositheCat
Fixing grammar

@RositheCat

The bomber's eye colour at the start of the video is red#F34332  specifically but this is an unimportant detail

40121 somehow represents the word "Nori" and is a bit of a red herring - encoding words in other characters is something Static P has done before - such as the code on the briefcase seen in the background of Dream On on the right

If you look up Sakuragawa on Google maps, Criminal Idol doesn't take place there - it takes place in another area called Sakuragawa inside the Aomori prefecture

You are correct about Hareka - what's more, she is listening in. Suspicious? 

The upside down man is a red herring.

I've put all of my findings in here

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1AIRHxfqzz27UG-3tKahI8XYcmE7SpbePEP0TW28GL3g/edit

I replied to your earlier messages too. I hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oooh, theories, theorizations. But still entirely speculation. Instead of diving into ideas about what could be withthe characters, perhaps we should focus on their words, as the Detective does. The lyrics and visuals themselves, without  looking for hints, and then perhaps the culprit will appear right infront of us. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, slightlyaboveaveragejoe said:

Oooh, theories, theorizations. But still entirely speculation. Instead of diving into ideas about what could be withthe characters, perhaps we should focus on their words, as the Detective does. The lyrics and visuals themselves, without  looking for hints, and then perhaps the culprit will appear right infront of us. 

so what you're saying is that Kanesaki's sister must be the bomber?

It's Morime. She wants to help her group. To do that, she bombed her older idols. She saw that the Star Blush Girls were get more popular. The bombing would have killed two birds with one stone. You can see her flashing her ring with Hareka in "Your Eyes." Hareka however, seems to have an offsetting look on her face. We later find out in "Stay Calm" that Hareka was hiding her past experience with Nori. This could show a connection between Nori and Morime. If Hareka knew that Morime has some kind of connection to Nori, then it would explain the strange look she has in the ring picture. 

I do not think that Hareka acted alone. We can see that she is standing outside when the bomb goes off, but she is the only one that didn't turn around to look. It was almost as if she was expecting it. I believe that her partner in crime was the Star Blush Girls' teacher, Kanesaki Hyudou. Aside from the detective, he was the only one at the bombing. Cole wasn't in the group yet and Nori was in jail. Aka Sensei was not teaching yet.

In "I'm Sorry!" Kanesaki Hyudo brought the two idol groups together on purpose. It is highly unlikely that he would forget that they gave the detective his keys to the lake house. Bringing the groups together could have been a way for him and Morime to be less suspicious. If he could create a friendship between the two groups, it could create a false sense of trust. This could cloud the detective's vision.

In "Your Eyes" she is seen with an older man (whose face is not shown). That could be Nori. This part is just speculation though.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2019 at 6:11 AM, slightlyaboveaveragejoe said:

Who am I? I need to be their light, but I'm scared. 

GASP! I see something hiding here! “Their light,”

”lighting a match”,  the bomb! DO YOU SEE THE CONNECTION?! Their light to light a match?! 😱!

I find that interesting that they chose the words “light” when discussing who lit the bomb

I still find them innocent though. I explained why in my bomber theory

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, LordFrancium said:

Screenshot (17).png

Guys, I think he's onto something

Edited by WaveSlayer
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2018 at 2:08 PM, Detective Zero said:

it gives the basics on all the main characters in the video, it is reasonable to assume that the culprit is probably one of the people shown in the video

I have two things on this!

#1: I’ve thought of the characters in episode 0 as suspects too. I’ve always thought that it was more than one person. Based on what I believe, what if the suspects given in episode 0 were all involved in the bombing? At least the majority of them.

#2: You have just given me another piece of info that I can use to SUSPECT DD AS THE BOMBER! If our theories are correct about episode 0 being the suspect list, then that means DD would be a suspect. It goes to show how much I think too deeply.

Oh, and @slightlyaboveaveragejoe... I most likely know what your going to say about this. I’ve seen you taking everyone’s ideas into mind, but I want to know who you believe did it and why.

On 4/4/2020 at 11:34 PM, LordFrancium said:

Lady's and Gentlemen of the court, I rest my case.

Screenshot (17).png

We know who now, but why? 🧐 Looks like a job for Detective Rosi!

6 hours ago, RositheCat said:

SUSPECT DD AS THE BOMBER! 

I see a lot of people saying that DD is the bomber. It makes sense, I kind of suspect him as well. One question that I cannot answer is: what is the motive?

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2020 at 10:52 PM, WaveSlayer said:

It's Morime. She wants to help her group. To do that, she bombed her older idols. She saw that the Star Blush Girls were get more popular. The bombing would have killed two birds with one stone. You can see her flashing her ring with Hareka in "Your Eyes." Hareka however, seems to have an offsetting look on her face. We later find out in "Stay Calm" that Hareka was hiding her past experience with Nori. This could show a connection between Nori and Morime. If Hareka knew that Morime has some kind of connection to Nori, then it would explain the strange look she has in the ring picture. 

I do not think that Hareka acted alone. We can see that she is standing outside when the bomb goes off, but she is the only one that didn't turn around to look. It was almost as if she was expecting it. I believe that her partner in crime was the Star Blush Girls' teacher, Kanesaki Hyudou. Aside from the detective, he was the only one at the bombing. Cole wasn't in the group yet and Nori was in jail. Aka Sensei was not teaching yet.

In "I'm Sorry!" Kanesaki Hyudo brought the two idol groups together on purpose. It is highly unlikely that he would forget that they gave the detective his keys to the lake house. Bringing the groups together could have been a way for him and Morime to be less suspicious. If he could create a friendship between the two groups, it could create a false sense of trust. This could cloud the detective's vision.

In "Your Eyes" she is seen with an older man (whose face is not shown). That could be Nori. This part is just speculation though.

But why would Nori want to help Morime and her group? In his synopsis in ep. 0 you can see that he really wants to help underdogs (SBG) win over the most popular people. I don't think Nori and Morime was helping each other since Nori didn't know about the bomb and that he had other plans for the show, since he says that his "plans goes up in flames" which can be said just as a the phrase but also in the most literal sense. Noris occupation is Event Manager as well, so I find it likely that he set up the idol show. But what was his plans if the bomb hadn't gone off? Could the end result be so bad that it would be worth bombing the show? 

I still don't get why Nori would kidnap Hareka who obviously is a part of the group he would want to help and even less why Hareka would agree to work together with him at all.

There's also the thing with the crime talked about in ep. 1 and the only evidence was a rock and a hair clip. If we look at the cast, Morime is the only person who consistently wears a hair clip. What was she going to do with the money though and who orchestrated the whole ordeal since I doubt a 15 year old girl could pull off such a scheme all by herself and presumably get away.

So my guess is that Morime was working together with DD and Kanesaki Hyudou to prevent the idol show concluding as it should.

Edited by Xenos
removed an image that I added on accident.

I just joined so I'm a bit late to the party but it seems really fun to try to help find out who the bomber is, why and how. I thought it might be a good idea to collect all the information that has been gathered over time in one place. I have created a document which everyone can edit, so add all the information you want! :D

Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1USRf1ABo-8g1d11A8RTRhZ6uoclQuvfEUJEM4OUk-2I/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot, @Monkerstar! Your presentation is great as well! I'm currently working on watching each episode to find anything that might seem suspicious :D 

On 2/12/2018 at 7:15 PM, Detective Zero said:

In episode 0 it was stated that Meteor won the idol competition 3 times in a row. Then in episode 6 the teacher says that Meteor admires them. It seems awfully suspicious that a group that won 3 times in a row would admire the group suspected of blowing up the stage. In episode 3 it is made quite clear that they were not the ones on stage. It is also then stated in episode 6 that they provided the alibi for the Star Blush Girls. That would mean they would probably need to be close enough to them to watch for detonators. We can infer from the fact that only the Star Blush Girls were unharmed that they were standing far away from the explosion. Thus, it is reasonable to assume that Meteor was also away from the explosion, but not quite as far as the Star Blush Girls. It is very possible that they may have distanced themselves from the bomb knowing it would go off. Them still being injured by it could be explained by remaining just close enough to avoid suspicion, underestimating the strength of the bomb, taking too long to get away after setting things up, or simply being unable to get past the Star Blush Girls without drawing attention. These clues point to the possibility that Meteor was behind the bombing. This raises the question of why they did it though, and it raises the question of why they gave the Star Blush Girls an alibi. Going back to episode 0, it is mentioned that Meteor is now an entirely new group of students replacing the former members. On the list of acts in the background of episode 3, Meteor was listed first. They had already seen how the crowd felt about their performance by the time the bomb was set off. Given the fact they were trying to live up to the name set before them it is quite possible that they set the bomb up as a last resort to prevent losing and take down some of the competition so that they can win the next year. As for why they provided the alibi for the Star Blush Girls, it made them seem less suspicious. If they were clever enough to plan out the bombing to help their idol group, who's to say they wouldn't be smart enough to cover it up afterwords by helping another group. It would also help the Star Blush Girls to trust them. This enables Meteor to get some training from them in the cabin by the lake. By getting training from their former opponents they can improve their chances further. This is especially big when you factor in the fact that the Star Blush Girls are unlikely to return to the idol competition the next year due to them losing all their fans. There is a bit of evidence for some of the other people having done it, but this is what I could gather the most information on.

I agree. Meteor hasn't given much to the investigation yet except for the alibi, so why even include them unless they have some importance? Everyone else has a reason to be in episode 0, and now that Nori has an alibi, it can't be him. They're the only ones who are there without being of much importance, except the teachers. However the teachers' personalities don't seem like ones to bomb something, and are otherwise explainable why they're there. That only leaves Meteor as the odd ones out.