Little Miss - Trying to help people when you also don't know anything.

Hello, it's been a while since I made a topic but this is something that's been bothering me for a while.

I really want to help others but I'm extremely under-experienced in a lot of things. Ever since I was little I've always wanted to help others however I could, and I'm constantly helping people everyday. I feel like it's a necessity almost, that I should be doing something, anything, to help people who aren't feeling okay and that sometimes leads me to bite off more than I can chew. You see, I'm not a very intelligent person, I'm not a very wise person, or have much experience in life, so of course there's going to be things that I barely know about but I still feel horrible when I can't do anything. Almost every time we go through a topic on DWW or DCJ I always try to say something, I try to give my opinion and I try to help even if it's just some words of encouragement, but there are times when I don't know what to say, then I just sit there with a thought and I wish time would stop to let me think but by the time I have a grasp of an idea we're moving on to the next topic. There are also times where I do say something but instantly regret it after because I'm just so inexperienced with the topic I feel like my opinion shouldn't count as something people should care about. Normally when I do slip up like this I apologize that I couldn't say anything, I couldn't do anything.

I know I'm not obligated to give an opinion on people's topics and I don't need to always have the answer, but I still feel like I should try but should I? Even though I don't know much..? Even if what I say won't do much anyways, should I be so worried about people?

Edited by Little Miss Fancy
  • Princess_Yellow changed the title to Little Miss - Trying to help people when you also don't know anything.
  • Gold Member

I think this video will be very informational on this topic! 
If you've watched it before with an entertainment mind set please watch through it more like... DWW is talking to you lol
It's something that might take a bit to digest, but i encourage you to really look into it, and reflect on it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sena said:

I think this video will be very informational on this topic! 
If you've watched it before with an entertainment mind set please watch through it more like... DWW is talking to you lol
It's something that might take a bit to digest, but i encourage you to really look into it, and reflect on it.

Thank you for this Sena! It was a nice video, My problem was more “Trying it help people deal with things I’m not equipped/experienced on DWW (?) ” and when she talked about how you should try to get them help from a professional is good advice but it’s not like I could just call the local therapist in their area lol. I guess when I read DWW topics I feel bad when I can’t say anything to help but I get where this video is coming from. I don’t necessarily need to be so worried, it’s not my problem, it’s nice to be nice and all but I shouldn’t force myself to help when I can’t. Besides I shouldn’t be forcing myself in that position because it might just make things worse—

Honestly this is a really great video, thank you for sharing it with me! 💙

Edited by Little Miss Fancy
  • Like 1

One thing you can do, to avoid feeling like a topic is passed before you can put your input in, is reply to their post on the forum.

One thing that I tend to keep in mind when I am providing advice is to understand that my 2¢ might not be worth much to the other person. But I should still provide it if they are open to hearing it, because it might help them reach their own conclusion on the topic. And that can be done even if you don’t know much about the topic. You just preface it with, “I might not fully understand this, however...” and typically people will listen regardless.

• Like 2
  • Princess_Yellow changed the title to Little Miss - Trying to help people when you also don't know anything.