itsyaboi

Are there any guitar / bass tabs for criminal idol?

the reason for suffering bassline is sick and i'd like to give it a go, however i can't personally find any tabs. anyone know of where i can find em?

Posted (edited)

@itsyaboi @Mygary

Thanks for tagging me Gary.

Time for a quick music lesson - a trick Static P uses a lot in his music is chromatic descent, ie. the bassline moves down by semitones. Try listening to "Rewind" which is the opening to the show Chronexia and the Eight Seals that Static P wrote - that is completely full of it, as I have highlighted here:

Rewind chord demonstration.mp3

A Reason for Suffering does almost exactly the same thing except slightly more complicated. I have picked out the chords on the piano and they follow:

Cm
G7
Bb
Adim
Ab
Cm/G
Cdim/Gb
Ab then G

^ I've put the last two chords on the same line because they have half the duration so they both pass during the time of a single one of all the other chords ^

Reason For Suffering chord demonstration.mp3

The inverted chords give the bassline that Chromatic descent sound. A Reason for Suffering is in Cm and the only complication is that except instead of moving down to B then Bb, it goes to G then Bb.

Reason For Suffering chord demonstration with bass.mp3

TLDR:

Bassline goes like

C
G
Bb
A
Ab
G
Gb
Ab
G

Hope this helps.

Edited by Monkerstar
Added soundbites
  • Like 1

@Monkerstar cheers. just recently getting into bass and just wanted some more songs i liked to play. and i got all that and a free music lesson. thanks duder